Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Coronavirus screening in Indian airports

Coronavirus screening in Indian airports

Old Mar 11, 20, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
i had a 2 hour layover in paris yesterday....don't know if that counts as having been to france....but i did fly in from usa....i mentioned both places on my form....the only screening that took place was my temperature being taken before i handed over the forms & went to immigration....
Thanks for these real-life reports.
WhatsApp and the internet are full of rumors. (including one that said DEL and MAA were to be "closed").
Old Mar 11, 20, 5:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by catscall View Post
In any case this is all academic as most visas seem to have been cancelled as of the 13th March: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...g/74567736.cms
Its only the 12th of March in India right now, and so its still possible for US OCI and other Indian visa holders to enter India using the Indian-issued travel documents in conjunction with a US passport.
Old May 2, 20, 9:11 pm

Programs: DL DM & 1MM; Marriott Titanium
Any recent updates from anyone?
Old May 5, 20, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by metalblaze View Post
india remains in lockdown till the 17th of may at least so the airports are not functioning....there are some repatriation flights operating this week but they are only bringing indian citizens back home....
Old May 8, 20, 8:50 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Commercial flights arent expected to open before 1st June at the earliest.

There are only a bunch of international repatriation flights happening right now. They require certified screening before boarding the flight and so probably not much checking after they land. So a handful of people are landing in the various airports everyday. Its not a real indication of things to come.
Old May 13, 20, 11:57 am

Here is an Indian citizen's experience while being repatriated from London to Bengaluru. Good job by the person who tweeted their experience.
https://indianexpress.com/article/tr...weets-6408476/
Old Jun 13, 20, 8:06 am

Programs: DL DM & 1MM; Marriott Titanium
Just wondering if anyone in the forum can share their recent experience as the situation in India has evolved? In particular, is it even possible to arrive at one of the larger airports (DEL or BOM), and then fly domestically?
Old Jun 14, 20, 5:51 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Just wondering if anyone in the forum can share their recent experience as the situation in India has evolved? In particular, is it even possible to arrive at one of the larger airports (DEL or BOM), and then fly domestically?
I think there is a manditory 7 day quarantine and subsequent 7 days at your final destination.
Old Jun 25, 20, 4:41 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN**
Absurd situations on arrival... in CCU arriving pax flat out refused to go the quarantine facilities: https://www.telegraphindia.com/calcu..._home-template

1800 INR/day plus food. God knows where they are being put up.
Old Jun 25, 20, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
I think there is a manditory 7 day quarantine and subsequent 7 days at your final destination.
i don't think there is....had a client fly in from mumbai yesterday & there was no mandatory quarantine....he came to the office, signed some papers, drove to ghaziabad to meet his son, spent the night there & flew back to mumbai today....
Old Jun 25, 20, 6:00 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
i don't think there is....had a client fly in from mumbai yesterday & there was no mandatory quarantine....he came to the office, signed some papers, drove to ghaziabad to meet his son, spent the night there & flew back to mumbai today....
Yes, this is the new procedure...

(If on business, and staying about 2 days and returning)

A lot of the (domestic) airlines have published the new requirements in their e-mails, btw.
Old Jun 25, 20, 11:31 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
What is the current state of affairs if I were to arrive in BOM from the US? I currently hold an Indian Passport but wife and child are US Citizens with OCI cards. Would they even be allowed in?

And what's the deal with the quarantine? The max time I can take off from work is 2 weeks. If I have to spend any of that locked up, its probably not worth it.
Old Jun 25, 20, 1:15 pm

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by crazyhorse View Post
What is the current state of affairs if I were to arrive in BOM from the US? I currently hold an Indian Passport but wife and child are US Citizens with OCI cards. Would they even be allowed in?
With the latest regulations they should be allowed in (see the other thread in this forum about visa changes). With that said, however, it's not clear whether you are supposed to apply for some sort of "revalidation" or "recertification" of the OCI as some news reports implied, or whether you can simply show up for the flight with your documents. Best to check on this with your consulate, as these rules are also changing frequently.

Originally Posted by crazyhorse View Post
And what's the deal with the quarantine? The max time I can take off from work is 2 weeks. If I have to spend any of that locked up, its probably not worth it.
If it's home quarantine presumably you can still work with your computer (even in institutional quarantine, although internet access and such may not be optimal), unless you mean that you need to physically be at your workplace in order to work, which, personally, I think would be rather dicey at this point given the way the infection is spreading... Also, "not worth it" - suggests you are intending to be in India for only a short time - 2 weeks or so? If so, do note that currently the flights in and out of India are supposed to be for repatriation, i.e., to move stranded people to their permanent homes. I'm not sure what they'll think of someone wanting to go to India just for a couple of weeks to work.
Old Jun 25, 20, 5:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Bandicoot View Post

If it's home quarantine presumably you can still work with your computer (even in institutional quarantine, although internet access and such may not be optimal), unless you mean that you need to physically be at your workplace in order to work, which, personally, I think would be rather dicey at this point given the way the infection is spreading... Also, "not worth it" - suggests you are intending to be in India for only a short time - 2 weeks or so? If so, do note that currently the flights in and out of India are supposed to be for repatriation, i.e., to move stranded people to their permanent homes. I'm not sure what they'll think of someone wanting to go to India just for a couple of weeks to work.
I should have been more clear. I was not planning to "work" in the 2 weeks I plan to take off. Its to visit family and sort out some personal stuff. If I am unable to step outside, then the trip is pointless.
Old Jun 26, 20, 1:45 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN**
The first 7 days you have to stay at a govt arranged facility, then you are allowed to stay another 7 days indoors at home with a health department worker checkin on you daily. MH is badly hit by Covid19 and ultra sensitive right now. I would wait for things to cool down before going to India. Since things are going bad in the US, other countries will be sensitive to let persons from the US just walk in freely anyway.

Search this Thread