Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Coronavirus screening in Indian airports

Coronavirus screening in Indian airports

Old Mar 10, 20, 8:04 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Print 2 copies of the health form before leaving for India. Most of the line is because forms are in short supply and the confusion as you need to fill the form twice - 1 for health desk, other for immigration. A blank copy of the form is being widely circulated on whatsapp
Old Mar 10, 20, 10:40 am

Note the procedure may be different at different airports, where you fill out one copy of the form, hand it over at the health desk, which keeps it and stamps your boarding pass, which you then hand to the immigration officer to show you've received health clearance. Don't leave your boarding pass on the plane!
Old Mar 10, 20, 11:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
Its in DEL, but I can't figure out where it was taken... I'm assuming its backed up crowds because of delays in the 'health check'. During the Ebola scare in 2014 the check was done just before the escalators that lead down to the immigration hall...
With such a massive clustering to transfer or get landside at DEL, that should keep the pathogens spreading and multiplying for those in India .... before symptoms — and even any tests — would indicate all at the airport hit with the Wuhan coronavirus there.
Old Mar 11, 20, 2:49 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Old Mar 11, 20, 4:19 am

What I am wondering is this: Indian govt. just revoked visas of anyone who travelled to France since 1st February. Am meant to be in India at end of month, and travelled on Eurostar to Brussels in mid-Feb. The train stopped in France, but I didn't get off. Where does that leave me?
Old Mar 11, 20, 4:30 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Technically you have been to France. If you say that on the declaration they will do a screening on arrival.
https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/int...1580226297.htm
7. Passengers arriving from China (People's Rep.), France, Hong Kong (SAR China), Indonesia, Iran, Italy, Japan, Kore (Rep.), Macao (SAR China), Malaysia, Nepal, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, USA or Viet Nam must go thorough medical screening upon arrival.
Old Mar 11, 20, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Its in DEL, but I can't figure out where it was taken... I'm assuming its backed up crowds because of delays in the 'health check'. During the Ebola scare in 2014 the check was done just before the escalators that lead down to the immigration hall...
check is being done at the same place this time as well....i arrived last night & the whole process took 2 minutes....
Old Mar 11, 20, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Acid View Post
Print 2 copies of the health form before leaving for India. Most of the line is because forms are in short supply and the confusion as you need to fill the form twice - 1 for health desk, other for immigration. A blank copy of the form is being widely circulated on whatsapp
i printed out a bunch of copies just before i left atlanta a couple of days ago....i'm glad i did that since they didn't hand them out on the plane....

having said that, the forms are pretty short & it wouldn't take you more than a minute or so to fill one out....i was one of the first passengers to get off the plane last night but there didn't seem to be a short supply of the forms....they were being handed out by 2-3 people as soon as you got off the plane & there were tons of forms at the desks where the health check took place....
Old Mar 11, 20, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Technically you have been to France. If you say that on the declaration they will do a screening on arrival.
https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/int...1580226297.htm
i had a 2 hour layover in paris yesterday....don't know if that counts as having been to france....but i did fly in from usa....i mentioned both places on my form....the only screening that took place was my temperature being taken before i handed over the forms & went to immigration....
Old Mar 11, 20, 7:09 am

On Tuesday March 10 India announced that it was suspending all visas previously issued for nationals of France, Germany and Spain as well as for other nationalities who had visited France etc since February 1. (Health screening nonetheless applies to those who've visited these countries but don't need visas to enter India.)

Taking a train through France is clearly "visiting" France to my mind for this purpose, especially given the train stopped in France where passengers boarded no doubt.

As to the experience of the poster right above, perhaps he was lucky beyond belief and entered India right before the new rule took effect (or perhaps he doesn't enter India with a visa).

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/stor...216-2020-03-10

This demonstrates as well.as anything the risks of foreign travel now because rules can change overnight.

EDIT: Here's the official text of the latest entry restrictions:

http://boi.gov.in/content/advisory-travel-and-visa-restrictions-related-covid-19-0

Last edited by 889; Mar 11, 20 at 8:39 am
Old Mar 11, 20, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 889 View Post
On Tuesday March 10 India announced that it was suspending all visas previously issued for nationals of France, Germany and Spain as well as for other nationalities who had visited France etc since February 1.

Taking a train through France is clearly "visiting" France to my mind for this purpose, especially given the train stopped in France where passengers boarded no doubt.

As to the experience of the poster right above, perhaps he was lucky beyond belief and entered India right before the new rule took effect (or perhaps he doesn't enter India with a visa).

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/stor...216-2020-03-10
i have an indian passport so the visa rule doesn't apply to me....i flew atl-cdg-del, arriving late last night....was at cdg for a little under 2 hours....
Old Mar 11, 20, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
i have an indian passport so the visa rule doesn't apply to me....i flew atl-cdg-del, arriving late last night....was at cdg for a little under 2 hours....
In any case this is all academic as most visas seem to have been cancelled as of the 13th March: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...g/74567736.cms
Old Mar 11, 20, 11:47 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Yes..Even those with OCI cannot travel to India .

Old Mar 11, 20, 11:51 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
https://m.timesofindia.com/india/cor...w/74582786.cms
Old Mar 11, 20, 12:11 pm

"This demonstrates as well.as anything the risks of foreign travel now because rules can change overnight."

I was wrong! The rules in fact changed drastically within a few hours during the daytime.
catscall likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: