Reload this Page >

Connecting in DEL 2am - 7am - lounges?

Old Feb 12, 20, 6:02 am
was bluegatorade
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Ritz Carlton Stars TA

Hi all, I am flying AUH-DEL-JAI on EY J and IndiGo and have a 5 hour connection from 2am - 7am. Are there lounges I can use from my EY J ticket? If not, should I use a lounge in T3 (international flights) land or air side? Or should I go to T1 (IndiGo domestic flights) air side? Is it worth coming to land side for a lounge?

I would prefer a lounge with a shower, but not required.
Old Feb 12, 20, 7:05 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
When you land with EY in DEL, the only way for you is to leave the terminal with no access to any lounge that EY may have contracted with. In T3 you have the choice of two arrival lounges once you clear customs both operated by PP: https://www.plazapremiumlounge.com/e...port?stype=All

Sadly these fill up fast when the international arrivals show up around midnight, so by the time you show up, they will be full. Your best bet is to move to T1 and spend time in the PP lounge.
Old Feb 12, 20, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
definitely use the plaze premium lounge in t1....by the time you get off the plane, clear immigration, get your bags, clear customs, take a taxi or bus to t1, it will be after 3am....the lounge is basic but comfortable....perfectly fine to kill 2-3 hours before your next flight....
Old Feb 12, 20, 3:23 pm
was bluegatorade
Original Poster

Thanks! Is it worth prepaying for lounge access online before going to guarantee a spot?
Old Feb 13, 20, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by ChateauMargaux View Post
Thanks! Is it worth prepaying for lounge access online before going to guarantee a spot?
i would be surprised to find the lounge anywhere close to capacity that early in the morning....
Old Feb 13, 20, 6:27 pm
was bluegatorade
Original Poster

Is there somewhere to buy an India sim card at that hour? Are those as cheap as they are in Bangkok?
Old Feb 13, 20, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is there somewhere to buy an India sim card at that hour? Are those as cheap as they are in Bangkok?
there used to be a 24 hour airtel booth in the arrivals area after you cross customs....but not sure if its still there....rates are cheaper than thailand....
Old Feb 14, 20, 12:14 am

India SIM cards advice
Old Feb 17, 20, 6:04 am
was bluegatorade
Original Poster

Thanks all for the info.

Going the other way - JAI - DEL - USA on AI J / AI J - I know the first leg will land in T3 and the second will depart T1, where can I store my luggage so I can venture out into Delhi during my long connection?
Old Feb 18, 20, 1:17 am

What? AI is completely in DEL T3, so no need to change terminals. There is a luggage storage facility in DEL T3 near the metro: https://www.newdelhiairport.in/airpo...des/cloak-room

Search this Thread
Search Engine: