Reload this Page >

Jaipur city hotels and tour guides questions

Old Jan 29, 20, 6:58 pm
was bluegatorade
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Ritz Carlton Stars TA

Is Jaipur the city itself walkable / enjoyable for a tourist to walk around? Are there hotels in the city with outdoor pools (the higher the better)? I have the JW Marriott as a fall back but wanted to see if anyone have other recommendations.

Also can anyone recommend any private tour guides for Jaipur / Rajasthan? I see the last thread on this was from 2015 and wanted to see if there are updates. What are reasonable prices for day trips?
Old Jan 29, 20, 8:13 pm

Programs: NWAgold
I highly recommend the Samode Haveli in Jaipur- itís really spectacular. The outdoor pool is gorgeous. Itís located in the center of the city, and they do a great early morning walking tour that will orient you to the city and will show you how the city wakes up in the morning (veg and flower wholesale markets, milk market, religious services, etc). Itís not part of a Western chain, so no points to earn or redeem, but itís an amazing experience.
Old Jan 31, 20, 6:32 am

Programs: Thai Airways
As far as walkable is concerned definitely if you get off the beaten track as previous poster suggested. How walkable depends on time of day and month. Now it is cool, indeed very cold for me. April and May in particular are hot and depending upon where you come from and and how adaptable you are to the climate at such times then walking may not be so pleasant and as they say only Mad Dog's and Englishmen go out in the midday sun.
Old Jan 31, 20, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i always stay at the itc rajputana in jaipur & would definitely recommend it....good hotel with a nice outdoor pool....
Old Feb 1, 20, 5:38 am
was bluegatorade
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Ritz Carlton Stars TA
Thanks all for the feedback on hotels. I am going in late March / early April, so just straddling the cool / hot seasons. I remember seeing ITC recommended more than once - why do you like it?
Old Feb 1, 20, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by ChateauMargaux View Post
Thanks all for the feedback on hotels. I am going in late March / early April, so just straddling the cool / hot seasons. I remember seeing ITC recommended more than once - why do you like it?
for me its convenient in terms of location & price....the food at itc properties is also very good....
Old Feb 1, 20, 9:38 pm

Programs: Thai Airways
Have a look at LaLit. Location not so central but traffic is not so bad in Jaipur. More modern than ICT. I have stayed there a few nights out of more than 200 nights in Jaipur. I do not use hotel swimming pools mostly but one thing to be aware of is that there may be differing levels of protection against pigeons. Hotel I normally stay in has a net to stop pigeons entering/drinking from the pool but it is not tamper proof. I would not use it.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: