IHG Holiday Inn Express @ DEL Terminal 3

Old Dec 20, 19, 8:59 pm
Original Poster

I'm flying on two tickets soon:

1. International flight: EWR to DEL
2. Domestic flight: DEL to another city

Because of limited connecting flights to the regional airports (at least with United), I couldn't setup my flights on 1 ticket to the end. I had to buy 2 separate tickets, one on United and another a domestic carrier.

I believe this means the IHG within terminal 3 won't work for me, because I need to retrieve my baggage first. Is that right? And it's not a "connecting" flight as they would normally expect is also likely an issue...
Old Dec 21, 19, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by ankitgu View Post
I believe this means the IHG within terminal 3 won't work for me, because I need to retrieve my baggage first. Is that right? And it's not a "connecting" flight as they would normally expect is also likely an issue...
it would work....you check in to the domestic wing of the hotel after clearing immigration & customs....
Old Dec 21, 19, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

Aha thank you. So itís available in both sections? Will I be able to access it that early? Or are you saying that after clearing immigration and customs, you exit into the domestic area? Just trying to think through the logistics.

I land in DEL at 9:30PM and then my next flight isnít till 1:30PM the following day.
Old Dec 21, 19, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
yes....they have a domestic & international wing....

but here is an important question i didn't ask earlier....which airline is your domestic flight on????
Old Jan 14, 20, 11:11 pm

delete
Old Feb 18, 20, 9:42 pm

Programs: UA Plat; *A Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
yes....they have a domestic & international wing.... but here is an important question i didn't ask earlier....which airline is your domestic flight on????
Keyser - the OP appears to have disappeared but I have the exact same question. We arrive DEL on an international flight (UA from SFO) at midnight. The next day we have a domestic flight on AI (to BOM) at noon.

My understanding is we arrive in the international terminal, pass immigration and customs, then check into the hotel on the domestic side showing our domestic reservation. Is that correct? Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 19, 20, 12:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Brucemcdou View Post
Keyser - the OP appears to have disappeared but I have the exact same question. We arrive DEL on an international flight (UA from SFO) at midnight. The next day we have a domestic flight on AI (to BOM) at noon.

My understanding is we arrive in the international terminal, pass immigration and customs, then check into the hotel on the domestic side showing our domestic reservation. Is that correct? Thanks in advance!
that is correct....
Old Feb 19, 20, 7:26 am

Programs: UA Plat; *A Gold; Marriott Gold
Awesome - thanks for the quick reply!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: