Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

United to Vistara transfer at Mumbai Airport

Old Nov 25, 19, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Hello,

Has anyone recently (after June 2019, when the Vistara-United codeshare was announced) traveled on an United-Vistara ticket from the US to India? I am traveling in mid-December on United/Vistara on EWR-BOM-CCU route (it's on the same PNR), where my United flight from Newark reaches Mumbai at 8:40 PM, and my Vistara flight from Mumbai to Kolkata is at around 6:40 AM next morning. Anyone have first hand experience of this transfer in Mumbai? I gather from a 2016 post on this forum that the immigration and customs will be in Mumbai. After I collect the luggage in Mumbai, is there a transfer desk for Vistara, where I can check-in the baggage for my onward flight? I do not want to sit in the airport for 9 hours. I am planning to go to a nearby hotel such Hyatt Regency to rest, and come back early morning for my Vistara flight. My question is do I need to carry my luggage to the hotel or can I drop/checkin the luggage at the transfer desk and leave the airport without luggage, and come back later for the flight? The Vistara rep I just called had no clue.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old Dec 2, 19, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
there are vistara counters where you can drop off your luggage....i did a sq - uk transfer once at bom on separate tickets but it went smoothly....landed in bom, cleared immigration, got my bags, cleared customs, dropped off my bags at the vistara counter....
Old Dec 2, 19, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
there are vistara counters where you can drop off your luggage....i did a sq - uk transfer once at bom on separate tickets but it went smoothly....landed in bom, cleared immigration, got my bags, cleared customs, dropped off my bags at the vistara counter....
Thanks! Were you able to leave the airport after dropping off the bags at the Vistara counter?
Old Dec 4, 19, 10:09 am

Drop off your checked-in luggage, and head to Hyatt. Come back to board the flight. I presume you will have a BP for BOM-CCU.

Search this Thread