Reload this Page >

Passport Renewal Question

Old Jul 12, 19, 1:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriot Platinum

Need some inputs from seasoned travelers:

My Indian Passport is due for renewal - I was wondering if it makes sense to get the 60 Pages version. I heard that earlier the Jumbo Passport has issues with some consulates refusing visa.

I travel 2-3 times a year - Mainly to USA and SE Asia (Occasionally) .

Also, does any one carries all the old passports during the travel or the only the current with required visas. - this is going to be my third one.

What's the preference here.
Old Jul 12, 19, 1:24 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Go for the 60 page one only if you feel you're going to run out of pages otherwise don't bother. I use the 60 page ones and never had any issues with any consulate so far.

I usually carry all my passports with me when I'm traveling but keep the old ones separately (not stapled or with rubberbands etc. as many do). That way I can show travel history if ever required and have some kind of backup documents (for whatever it's worth) if I lose my current passport.
Whizkid likes this.
Old Jul 12, 19, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Whizkid View Post
My Indian Passport is due for renewal - I was wondering if it makes sense to get the 60 Pages version. I heard that earlier the Jumbo Passport has issues with some consulates refusing visa.
where did you hear that????i have the jumbo passport & have never had a problem with any consulate refusing visas....

I travel 2-3 times a year - Mainly to USA and SE Asia (Occasionally) .
doesn't make sense to get the jumbo passport if you only travel 2-3 times a year....a normal passport would do....

Also, does any one carries all the old passports during the travel or the only the current with required visas. - this is going to be my third one.
only if the older passports have valid visas in them....
Whizkid likes this.
Old Jul 14, 19, 12:41 am

I have used a jumbo passport for almost 20 years now as I run out of pages every 5-6 years. Never had any issue in getting a visa or entry. I am now on my 5th passport book but only carry the ones which have a relevant visa issued earlier, else don't bother even with that. Again, no need to show history as my current passport is more than enough for that.
Whizkid likes this.
Old Jul 14, 19, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriot Platinum
Thanks for all the info.