Community
Wiki Posts
Search

India Immigration

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2019, 11:20 am
Original Poster

PIO is getting scrapped I believe.
Initially I was going to get a new passport and then Evisa but it was way too close, I’ve emailed the BOI India and asked them if it’s ok if they reply no then I’ll be begging the passport office here to get me a new passport on the same day lol

Last edited by Pair124124; Jul 8, 2019 at 12:18 pm
Old Jul 8, 2019, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by Pair124124

Did you make an appointment for the fast track 1 week service and then plead or just turn up there?
Made an appointment for premium same day service or whatever it is called. Get an appointment slot in the morning and passport was ready in afternoon for collection.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JamesKidd
Made an appointment for premium same day service or whatever it is called. Get an appointment slot in the morning and passport was ready in afternoon for collection.
This will be my first adult passport so hoping I’m still eligible to get it the same day as apparently in most cases you get interviewed for your first adult passport?
Old Jul 8, 2019, 1:10 pm

This will be my first adult passport so hoping I’m still eligible to get it the same day as apparently in most cases you get interviewed for your first adult passport?
Ah sorry I didn't realise it was your first passport. Mine wasn't a first, couldn't possibly comment on first passport
Old Jul 8, 2019, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JamesKidd
Ah sorry I didn't realise it was your first passport. Mine wasn't a first, couldn't possibly comment on first passport
I don’t mind if they let me get another child passport but I doubt it guess I’ll have to call them
Old Jul 8, 2019, 5:46 pm

Programs: Delta
If you are under 20 or above 50 you have to renew the OCI aswell when renewing the passport (unfortunately I fall into this category).

Technically that is the case, however, there is a lot of anecdotal evidence to suggest this particular rule is not enforced at all. It's doubtful that they would deny you entry to India based solely on a violation of this particular rule, but of course everyone has to assess for themselves how comfortable they are with any level of such risk.

Also it was interesting to hear when I called the high commission of India today they said that even normally it’s best to renew the OCI booklet when renewing the passport as some airlines are refusing travel with a new passport but OCI associated with old passport.
I've never heard of this. The TIMATIC information for an OCI very clearly states that the OCI is sufficient with the new passport and without the old one, and airlines should be going by that. Did they happen to mention which airlines??
Old Jul 9, 2019, 2:18 am
Original Poster

[left]
Originally Posted by Bandicoot

Technically that is the case, however, there is a lot of anecdotal evidence to suggest this particular rule is not enforced at all. It's doubtful that they would deny you entry to India based solely on a violation of this particular rule, but of course everyone has to assess for themselves how comfortable they are with any level of such risk.

I've never heard of this. The TIMATIC information for an OCI very clearly states that the OCI is sufficient with the new passport and without the old one, and airlines should be going by that. Did they happen to mention which airlines??

He did not name any airlines, the only thing he added was it’s £24 to renew the OCI booklet (which is decently priced in my opinion)
Old Jul 9, 2019, 3:17 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
So let me get this straight: you have a indian entry or exit stamp in the observation page of your passport (child, which is issued to persons 16 or under) which is otherwise valid and has enough space. You have an OCI card booklet. You are planning to travel to India in the very near future.

There is nothing to be worried about in the above. The Indian autorities no longer loook intensely at any passport counting stamps or location. The passport and OCI is scanned and they wait for the computer to say something. During this wait they look for a spot to stamp your entry/exit.

Don't get a new passport or OCI card because there is a faint stamp on the observation page.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 3:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
So let me get this straight: you have a indian entry or exit stamp in the observation page of your passport (child, which is issued to persons 16 or under) which is otherwise valid and has enough space. You have an OCI card booklet. You are planning to travel to India in the very near future.

There is nothing to be worried about in the above. The Indian autorities no longer loook intensely at any passport counting stamps or location. The passport and OCI is scanned and they wait for the computer to say something. During this wait they look for a spot to stamp your entry/exit.

Don't get a new passport or OCI card because there is a faint stamp on the observation page.
Yep lol that’s all of it in a nutshell thank you! This forum has been very helpful
Old Jul 10, 2019, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
I'm guessing the ink rubbed of your stamped BP and onto the passport observation page. It's a common annoyance because their ink doesn't dry for a solid 15 minutes and I no longer hold my BP in my passport because of this.
I spend the next 5 mins blowing on the stamps to dry the ink out faster. I have had the same problem with Schengen entry / exit stamps as the inks rubs off on the facing page many times - many immigration officers think it is another stamp and refuse to utilise that space.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 6:00 am
Original Poster

A bit off topic but has anyone actually managed to get their special meal request on AI? Flown countless times with them and always got told they never received the request even though it’s on my ticket
Old Jul 10, 2019, 7:37 am

Immigration is something focus first on passport don't take any chance.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 7:56 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by 678flyer
I spend the next 5 mins blowing on the stamps to dry the ink out faster. I have had the same problem with Schengen entry / exit stamps as the inks rubs off on the facing page many times - many immigration officers think it is another stamp and refuse to utilise that space.
I have a blotting paper (stolen from my kids school notebook) in my passport for that purpose.
678flyer likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
I have a blotting paper (stolen from my kids school notebook) in my passport for that purpose.
that's a good idea....need to get me one of those....
Old Aug 4, 2019, 2:30 am

Excellent idea!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.