Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Where to stay in Delhi: The Taj, Oberoi, or Imperial?

Old Jun 21, 19, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Hi Flyertalk Friends:
The friends I usually stay with in Delhi are out of town, and I'm getting a great price for some five star hotels if I book with my airline ticket. Would you recommend the Taj, the Oberoi, or the Imperial? I'm a regular solo traveler to India and I know Delhi quite well... I prefer to use the metro when possible and certainly don't need help figuring out what to do, but I'd love to have some plush accommodations, access to a pool, and delicious breakfasts. And I wouldn't mind a decent bar for grownups (not as much interested in a party scene).

Thanks for your suggestions!
Old Jun 22, 19, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
there are 2 taj properties in delhi....which one are you referring to????

the taj palace is not great location wise but is a solid property nevertheless....the taj mahal is well located but the property is showing its age....

the oberoi went through a massive renovation where the hotel was closed for a couple of years & recently re-opened....everything is now brand new & the location is also very good....

the imperial is one of my favourite hotels in the city....the rooms are great & so is the service....it also has a number of good restaurants & the location is great....

my order of preference would be imperial, oberoi, taj palace & taj mahal....
Old Jun 22, 19, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Thanks Keyser, I'm deciding between the Imperial and the Oberoi... which do you think offers a better breakfast and bar? Any preference on the pool area?
Old Jun 23, 19, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Cushner View Post
Thanks Keyser, I'm deciding between the Imperial and the Oberoi... which do you think offers a better breakfast and bar? Any preference on the pool area?
i like the food at the imperial....but the pool area is better at the oberoi....either way, you can't go wrong with these two, no matter which one you pick....

Search this Thread