Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Passport validity

Passport validity

Old Mar 24, 19, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Passport validity

I have an entry visa that expires in March 2020, and my passport expires in June 2020. I only have one-way ticket to India, but will most likely fly back to Finland before August 2019. Will it be a problem?

I wasn't able to do an online check-in due to passport verification issues, and was told it could be because of the passport expiry validity.

Kinda worried now!
Old Mar 24, 19, 1:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Not enough information in your post to provide useful information, but following is a link to IATA's TIMATIC. This is the database which your air carrier will check to determine length of passport validity, requirements for a return or onward ticket and anything else. You should complete the form and check it yourself. Once you have done that, it may be possible to get some better help here.

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/app...aspx?i=TIMATIC
Old Mar 24, 19, 2:50 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
No problem at all.
Old Mar 25, 19, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by caitmonaha View Post
I have an entry visa that expires in March 2020, and my passport expires in June 2020. I only have one-way ticket to India, but will most likely fly back to Finland before August 2019. Will it be a problem?

I wasn't able to do an online check-in due to passport verification issues, and was told it could be because of the passport expiry validity.

Kinda worried now!
you return to your country well before your visa expires & have much more than 6 months before your passport expires....i don't see how this is a problem....
Old Mar 25, 19, 11:27 am
Ambassador: Emirates

Programs: Skywards Gold
You will probably be required to show a return or onward ticket in order to board the flight to India, that's your biggest issue

Search this Thread