Search

Valid India visa in old passport Q

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2019, 7:59 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Many
Valid India visa in old passport Q

My Indian visa is in my old passport (expires Sept 2019 and is 100% full), but the Indian visa is valid until 2022. Am I correct that I can bring my old passport with the valid visa as well as my new passport and together this will work for entrance?
Old Feb 26, 2019, 9:57 pm

No problem at immigration, but make sure they put the entry/exit stamps in the new passport.

Sometimes hotel clerks get flustered filling out Form C, though. (They should use your new passport number, not the old one.)
Old Feb 26, 2019, 10:25 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

got it, thx
Old Feb 27, 2019, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
my uncle has been doing this for years without a problem....just handover both passports at immigration & let the officer know that the visa is in the old passport....they know what to do....
Old Feb 27, 2019, 6:38 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
my uncle has been doing this for years without a problem....just handover both passports at immigration & let the officer know that the visa is in the old passport....they know what to do....
Great! thx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.