Search

Questions for Bombay/Varkala/Kovalam Trip

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2019, 7:11 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by Keyser
december is a long way off....9w might not be around next week....
I haven't been following this closely. What happened?
Old Mar 25, 2019, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
I haven't been following this closely. What happened?
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/indi...ingfisher.html
Old Apr 13, 2019, 5:49 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

All sorted now. Flying in NYC-YYZ-BOM on AC, staying 2 nights at the Intercon Marine drive, then booked AI BOM-TRV, 3 nights in Varkala at the Gateway, then drive to Kovalam, 3 nights at the Taj, flying out TRV-DOH-LHR. Can't wait!
Old Apr 13, 2019, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
All sorted now. Flying in NYC-YYZ-BOM on AC, staying 2 nights at the Intercon Marine drive, then booked AI BOM-TRV, 3 nights in Varkala at the Gateway, then drive to Kovalam, 3 nights at the Taj, flying out TRV-DOH-LHR. Can't wait!

The IC is a great choice, but for the best result try for a sea-facing room. It's a small hotel, and (Royal) Ambassador status helps.

If you are sensitive to disco noise, avoid the upper floors below the night-club.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 8:15 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
The IC is a great choice, but for the best result try for a sea-facing room. It's a small hotel, and (Royal) Ambassador status helps.

If you are sensitive to disco noise, avoid the upper floors below the night-club.
Avoid? I didn't realize there was a popular bar on site, I'll head straight up there after I check in
Old Apr 13, 2019, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Avoid? I didn't realize there was a popular bar on site, I'll head straight up there after I check in
Sure, it's much more fun to be in the party than trying to get shut-eye in the floor below .

For a time the bar was a "go to" SoBo venue for the smart set, but these fads inevitably move on. It's still a prime spot though.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 9:09 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Sure, it's much more fun to be in the party than trying to get shut-eye in the floor below .

For a time the bar was a "go to" SoBo venue for the smart set, but these fads inevitably move on. It's still a prime spot though.
Good to know, thx. The flight from YYZ lands at like 10pm, i'm sure i'll have some energy left.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.