Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Garden City vs ITC Maratha

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2015, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze, HHonors Gold
Westin Garden City vs ITC Maratha

I'm heading off to Mumbai for a week soon and looking at these two hotels. Both are in a pretty good location for my office.

Can anyone recommend one or the other? Another option if the Grand Hyatt but I'm trying to stick with SPG rather than spreading stays around even more chains (I must have 3 or 4 different loyalty cards with small balances on, that's gotta change.....)

I'll probably be eating in the hotel so needs to have reasonable food, a good gym (I don't use pool/spa facilities but some free weights and a rowing machine would be ideal).
Old Aug 24, 2015, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
this question is better suited for the spg forum....

having said that, i stay at both properties about half a dozen times a year....they are both nice but i prefer the westin....they have a very nice lounge & i find the food to be better at this property....

i also find the westin to be in a better location than the itc....
Old Aug 24, 2015, 3:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
this question is better suited for the spg forum....

having said that, i stay at both properties about half a dozen times a year....they are both nice but i prefer the westin....they have a very nice lounge & i find the food to be better at this property....

i also find the westin to be in a better location than the itc....
Thanks for the details, can you expand on why the Westin is in a better location?
Old Aug 24, 2015, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by paule23
Thanks for the details, can you expand on why the Westin is in a better location?
its a more lively area to walk around in....there is also a mall next door so lots of dining options as well....

itc is also in a decent area but you would need a car to get anywhere from that property....
Old Aug 28, 2015, 9:26 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Keyser, the Westin it is then. Looking forward to trying out their spa
Old Dec 1, 2020, 5:05 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Etihad Gold, IHG Platinum, IC Ambasador, Marriott Gold, Taj Gold, Radisson Gold
The Westin has a terrific restuarant (seasonal tastes). It's on the 17th floor (I think) and has a beautiful view of the madness of Mumbai down below

In terms of walking around, the roads in Mumbai are not up to Western Standards! You can't really walk too far from the Westin as most of the roads don't have sidewalks. Realistically, you'll probably be travlling with an Uber. If you expect to be walking around, then you need to stay in South Mumbai. Around Marine Drive and the Taj Mahal Palace, you can walk around

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.