Wiki Posts
Search

Tour suggestions in/around Gurgaon?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2019, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat; *A Gold; Marriott Gold
Tour suggestions in/around Gurgaon?

Will be staying at the Le Meridien Gurgaon (Gurugram) in two weeks. Have a full day on the final day available to tour. Have stayed in Delhi in the past few years and taken several tours of the historic sights, street food tours, market tours, etc. in Delhi. Any suggestions for tours that would go another direction, that could be done in one reasonable day (4-6 hours). And yes, I've visited the Taj Mahal many years ago, don't want to spend 14 hours to see it again. Will be on my own if that makes a difference, would actually prefer to join a group tour.

I see the Kingdom of Dreams with three different "Bollywood" style musicals and the Culture Gully for dining. Is that worth it or is it as over-the-top touristy as it sounds? Though touristy can be fun!

thanks in advance for thoughts
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
kingdom of dreams is definitely worth seeing once....

also, with the new expressway, it only takes 2 & a half hours to get to agra from delhi....so you won't have to spend 14 hours to see the taj again....
Old Jan 10, 2019, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Cool

Originally Posted by Keyser
kingdom of dreams is definitely worth seeing once....

also, with the new expressway, it only takes 2 & a half hours to get to agra from delhi....so you won't have to spend 14 hours to see the taj again....
Thanks for your thoughts on the Kingdom of Dreams. Re: driving to Agra, good to know that it's actually shorter than it used to be, but as a solo traveler really don't want to sit in the back of a car with a driver and guide for a total of five hours. It'd be different if I was with my better half or in a group. I'll be sitting on my butt by myself enough on the flight over and back!
Old Jan 21, 2019, 3:40 am
Original Poster

Am in Gurgaon now. Saw the Sunday afternoon matinee at Kingdom of Dreams and agree it’s kitschy fun and worth doing once. Would be good activity for a family with kids. Give yourself time to eat in one of the restaurants and also to walk around outside to check out the buildings.

Didnt have time to do any other tours so no other advice.
Keyser likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.