any reliable and inexpensive car service at Chennai airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

any reliable and inexpensive car service at Chennai airport

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2019, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by EYrevanchist
I don't know what car hotels provide on transfers, but I'd assume a Mercedes of some sort.
not really....some might provide a mercedes but most will provide either an innova or a mid size sedan like a corolla or civic....
Old Sep 30, 2019, 9:13 pm

Programs: TK Elite (*G), ITA Executive, WY Silver, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold
The Leela Palace in Chennai does a BMW which one could also use for sightseeing/other jobs within the city or even excursions to Mahabalipuram.
The Taj Coromandel does a Mercedes.
The Park Hyatt does a Mercedes and as does the Hilton I think.

Airport transfers from 4*+ hotels in Chennai can be expected to provide a proper car.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Non-functional air-conditioning, smells of sweat, dirty rundown cars of budget makes... NO THANKS!
I agree: the very idea of travelling in a budget make of car send shudders down the spine of right-minded folk

However using a measure of initiative in ordering Uber or taxi will at least keep you air-cooled, smell-free and help ensure the car is well-maintained.

I know this doesn't cover the indignity of arriving at the Leela in an Innova: but time, and a well-judged tip to the doorman, will assuage the embarrassment.

But as you are getting the Blacklane service for free, Uber advice is clearly irrelevant.
Keyser likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 6:57 am

Blacklane should definitely reduce their prices in MAA if they want to sell more.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 4:32 pm

Non-functional air-conditioning, smells of sweat, dirty rundown cars of budget makes... NO THANKS!
Anyways, thanks for the great business idea
I have taken ordinary taxis from MAA (International) MANY times and have never encountered dirty, run-down vehicles with non-functioning AC ... I would rather the save the money over the cost of a limo and use it for a nice meal in town!
Old Oct 2, 2019, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by puchong
I have taken ordinary taxis from MAA (International) MANY times and have never encountered dirty, run-down vehicles with non-functioning AC ... I would rather the save the money over the cost of a limo and use it for a nice meal in town!
Where can one have a nice meal in town?
MAA's restaurant is just like the city - boring and uninspiring.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 7:09 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Blacklane should definitely reduce their prices in MAA if they want to sell more.
I highly doubt MAA is a target market for Blacklane.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by quarryking
I highly doubt MAA is a target market for Blacklane.
Right, but they do offer services in MAA.
They are priced higher than in the UK for instance, the same is true for Sixt as well.
Avis is about half the price for a BMW 5 series.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.