Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

BLR international transit

Old Jul 15, 18, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Hi all, I'm gonna fly DXB-BLR-SIN on IndiGo single PNR. Got information from Indigo that I'll be checked through and the baggage will be transferred. But neither Indigo nor BLR airport are able to give me the information if I'll have to go through the immigration in BLR (and get a transit visa in advance) or there are international to international transfer facilities. Obviously quite an exotic case for them :-) Anyone tried this or seen the transit before immigration in BLR? Thanks
Old Jul 16, 18, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
if you are on a single pnr then there is no need to go through immigration in blr....
Old Jul 22, 18, 6:18 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum

For all international destinations

On arriving at Kempegowda International Airport Bengaluru, please proceed with your checked baggage towards the transfers desk situated on the first floor before the immigration counters. We advise all our transfer passengers to read the time taken for transit procedures at Kempegowda International Airport Bengaluru.
  • The approximate time for baggage arrival is anywhere from 7 45 minutes
  • Aircraft to Terminal: 12 minutes
  • Terminal to Immigration: 10 minutes
  • Immigration to Baggage Belt: 10 minutes (international to domestic)
  • Baggage Belt to Exit: 2 minutes
  • Exit to Transport Points: 2 minutes
  • Arrival gate to Transfers Desk: 2 minutes (international to international)
If you are an international passenger, you can use our round-the-clock help for any assistance during the transit process. In case of transfer to another international destination, please approach the respective airline representative present at the transfers desk.

http://www.bengaluruairport.com/airp...te=cle06mwoi_4
Old Jul 23, 18, 7:18 pm

Programs: Delta
Just a data-point - on arrival at Bengaluru on international flights, I have noticed the sign for "international connections" directing those passengers a different way than the main route which takes arriving passengers to immigration. That strongly suggests one can transit without a visa (presumably only if the baggage will be transferred by the airlines) - but I've never done this myself so I have no first-hand knowledge.
Old Aug 6, 18, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

BLR

Thanks a lot, guys. Sadly prices for these flight went quite up the next day (maybe the indigo staff realised someone would use it:-)) so I ended up with another carrier, solving similar issue in RUH :-)

Search this Thread
Search Engine: