Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Hand baggage liquids in CCU and BOM

Old Jun 23, 18, 9:55 am
Original Poster

I have a roundtrip flight between CCU and BOM. I am travelling hand luggage only.

Do both CCU and BOM follow the 3-1-1 rule? That is, is it okay for me to carry some 7-8 containers of liquids (creams, lotions, etc) if all of them are below 100ml and are kept in a 1 litre or smaller zip lock pouch?
Old Jun 24, 18, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
you should be fine....i travel with 7-8 containers in my carry-on bag all the time....all of them are under 100ml & i have never been stopped at any indian airport....
Old Jun 24, 18, 4:49 am

As far as I know, you donít even have to have them in a single pouch (or a clear one, for that matter). And you donít need to take them out of your hand luggage while going through security either.
Old Jun 24, 18, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by L_D_M View Post
As far as I know, you donít even have to have them in a single pouch (or a clear one, for that matter). And you donít need to take them out of your hand luggage while going through security either.
correct....my containers are all over the place in my carry-on bag....i've never had to take them out....
Old Jun 25, 18, 2:29 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Security is also relaxed about liquids... in May we were even allowed to take/keep two bottles of water for our boys in DEL. In CCU they have also a bit more relaxed attitude.... previously they used to take away sissors of any kind. Nowadays they still detect it but allow you to keep them after taking a look to see if its too long or doesn't have a rounded tip.

Search this Thread