FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   India (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-478/)
-   -   EWR - AMD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india/1901177-ewr-amd.html)

mtldesai809 Mar 28, 2018 4:45 pm

EWR - AMD

I am flying from EWR to AMD below is my flight schedule

EWR - BOM - AI 144 leaving on 04/01/2018 2:00 pm and arriving on 04/02/2018 2:15 pm
BOM - AMD - AI 031 leaving on 04/03/20181:30 am and arriving on 04/03/2018 2:50 am

SO where will immigration and custom will be done and also I have almost 12 hrs layover at Mumbai airport ?
How it will work and any good lounge at Mumbai airport?
Any experience over 11 hrs layover at Mumbai airport.

How this flight will be treated as INTL to INTL or INTL to DOM ?

deovrat Mar 28, 2018 11:49 pm

Is the travel all on a single ticket?

Keyser Mar 29, 2018 3:57 am

like deovrat asked, it all depends on your ticket type....

in all likelihood your immigration & customs will take place in mumbai....after that you probably won't be allowed entry into the domestic terminal till about 3-4 hours before your flight....

mtldesai809 Mar 30, 2018 4:21 pm

Yes, my journey is in all single ticket.

mtldesai809 Mar 30, 2018 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by Keyser (Post 29579633)
after that you probably won't be allowed entry into the domestic terminal till about 3-4 hours before your flight....

I thought air india is operates domestic and international on a same terminal-T2.

SuperFlyBoy Mar 31, 2018 2:45 am

Originally Posted by mtldesai809 (Post 29585674)
I thought air india is operates domestic and international on a same terminal-T2.

They do, but as Keyser explains, you will have to clear your bags through Indian Customs at BOM, and the domestic area of the airport is completely separate from the international area.

You might be allowed in earlier since it's a single ticket - but you will have to check-in your luggage again - unless AI has new protocol where they would allow Customs inspection in AMD - as all their flights there arrive in the international area of the airport - so it might be plausible...

Originally Posted by Keyser (Post 29579633)
like deovrat asked, it all depends on your ticket type....

in all likelihood your immigration & customs will take place in mumbai....after that you probably won't be allowed entry into the domestic terminal till about 3-4 hours before your flight....

desi May 23, 2018 11:24 pm

Hopefully, OP will come back and post his experience.

This was a double posted cross-post with IBA forum.

BOM connection wiki clearly explains why this is actually an INTL to INTL transfer with customs/immigration happening at AMD.
However, that thread also discusses short checking to BOM, using transfer desk to hand over bags and OBTAIN BP and then go out to see friends/relatives for few hours