Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Best Restaurants in Kochi?

Old Mar 13, 18, 11:32 pm
Original Poster

Hi guys

I am new to the place. And I am doing my project works here. Kindly help me with some of the best restaurants in Ernakulam. I want to taste the Kerala and Indian cuisines. Help me out.
Old Apr 6, 18, 6:33 am

I think you'll like Cassava. They serve the authentic Indian food and excellent Kerala dining in an amiable atmosphere. The decor is fantastic, while the prices are rather decent.

Last edited by yana11; May 6, 18 at 4:49 am
Old Apr 6, 18, 8:50 am

The "best" is a hard standard.

I'll just say that I've eaten at the Chariot a couple of times -- it's right in the centre -- and enjoyed the experience, as much for the old-fashioned service and atmosphere as the food.
Old Apr 6, 18, 11:00 am

I've been to Oceanos in Fort Kochi. They serve excellent and affordable indo portuguese cuisine.
Old Apr 8, 18, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
try 'latest recipe' at the le méridien kochi....i've eaten there a bunch of times....
Old May 25, 18, 4:44 am
Suspended

It's been a while since I stayed in Kochi, but here are a few places worth going to if you're in Kochi.

Paragon - This restaurant will feature in almost every answer to this question. Paragon has a very 'family restaurant' vibe to it, something that's rarely seen in new restaurants nowadays. The staff is very courteous, the food is amazing (Non-Resident Keralites, this is what you've been waiting for all your life!) and the food is priced economically (not too cheap, nor too expensive). The portions might disappoint you at times, but overall, a great place to eat to hearts content!

Kayees (Mattancherry) - Another regular feature in the list of Kochi's best, this little 'hotel' is everything you'd expect a great restaurant to NOT BE. Nestled in a quiet corner of Mattancherry, Kochiites swear by Kayees Ikka's biriyani. Prompt service, healthy portions and a lipsmacking biriyani. A must visit for everyone travelling to Kochi.

Mubarak - This blink and you miss restaurant right next to the Mathrubhumi Junction in Kaloor is a local favorite. You're greeted by the view of atlest 6-10 varities of non-vegetarian curries as you enter the restaurant and boy, they taste better than they look. The porrottas as always hot and fresh, even their appams and pattiris are better than most places in the city. My personal favorite is their Chilly Beef Dry Fry. Their biriyani is decent too, but my favorite would be the Porrotta, Beef Roast/Fry combo.

Cocoa Tree - A favorite among the kids growing up in the late 2000s. Cocoa Tree is your ideal place to chill with your people (if your plans don't include drinking i.e.).

Burger Junction - I've heard Burger Junction is a new fan favorite in Kochi and you can see people flocking to their outlets to have their fill. Probably the only state in India where you can have beef without fearing for your life and their beef burgers will make you realise how unlucky the rest of the country is. Great burgers at Great Prices, what more do you need?

I'll update the rest in sometime.
Old May 25, 18, 4:50 am
yrs

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, WN CP
I would recommend "Barbeque Nation" on Mahatma Gandhi (MG) Road in Ernakulam.
It is an all-you-can-eat multi-cuisine restaurant, where each table has a BBQ pit in the middle, and BBQ "starters" are grilled at your table until you say "stop".
Then there are buffet stations of multiple cuisines that you are free to sample.

It is an enjoyable experience.
Old May 25, 18, 5:20 am

Programs: Shangri-La Jade, Best Western Diamond, Hilton Gold
BBQ Nation is enjoyable indeed, but hardly local to Kochi and can be found in practically every metro. If OP wants to try something unique to Kochi, he might look elsewhere.

Not as glamorous maybe, but Dhe Puttu in Ernakulum is a very authentic and unique option.
Old Jun 18, 18, 6:55 pm

Programs: OMNI Platinum
Hotel Al Reem in Athani, next to the airport is a very popular spot. Their chicken and rice (Kuzhi-manthi) is amazing. Expect a long line, if you do visit. Arippa on M.G Road is pretty good, as is BBQ Nation. IF you go on a Tuesday or might have been Wednesday, the price is cheaper.
Old Jul 26, 18, 9:47 am

If you want something a bit more rustic, there's Mullapanthal toddy shop near Udayamperoor. Serves fresh toddy & a host of spicy meat dishes which go well with the toddy (or without, if you prefer to skip the drinks). It isn't anything fancy (with plastic tables/chairs) & very reasonably priced.

Search this Thread