Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

International to International Transit in Chennai

Old Mar 5, 18, 8:48 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines
Original Poster

I found a thread but it was from 2010, so figured more appropriate to create a new one rather than blowing the dust off of that old thread. If I missed a more current one please merge.

I am looking at booking YYZ-LHR-MAA on BA then a separate ticket on UL MAA-CMB. The LHR-MAA flight arrives at 3:30 then the UL flight to CMB departs at 11:00.

My question is, will I be able to do international-to-international transit in MAA? Will I be able to use a full service lounge while waiting for my CMB flight?

​​​​​​​ETA - Found the answers, looks like I'll have to get visa in my situation due to being on separate tickets.

So I have a few follow up questions.

1. Is there any airport in India that allows international to international transit on separate tickets without a visa?

2. If I continue with this MAA itinerary, what type of visa is better for me? e-visa or visa on arrival? I am an US citizen.

3. I will have another trip to India 3 months after this transit where I intend to visit a friend... With that in mind will I be able to do e-visa or visa on arrival multiple times?

Thanks!

Last edited by golfingboy; Mar 5, 18 at 9:17 pm
Old Mar 6, 18, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i know someone who managed to transit in del without a visa but its not recommended....if you have luggage then you will have a problem checking it in for your second flight....there is also a good chance that ba may not let you board the flight to india unless you can show them your visa....

more information about the e-visa below:

Evisa w/ ETA & visa on arrival for 28 countries began 27 Nov 2014

Search this Thread
Search Engine: