Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Renewing US Passport with new home address

Old Feb 23, 18, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

I (32) have to renew my US passport and am also changing my home address on it. I just called OCI help desk and they said that once I get my new Passport, I need to apply for 1) Re-issue of OCI with new passport and 2) Miscellaneous services to change of address

Since my OCI was issued first at age of 22, do I still need to renew it?

Thanks!
Old Feb 23, 18, 6:41 pm

Programs: Delta
My opinion - you don't really need to go through the trouble and expense of getting the OCI re-issued. Your OCI is fine until the first time you get a new passport after the age of 50; no need to have it renewed before that. I can't think of any reason your change of address really matters... I've changed my address over the years (and also my passport) and haven't updated the OCI and this has not come up even once in several (> 15) trips to India over the years. I don't know under what circumstances the address on the OCI might ever be looked at - perhaps if you're trying to use it as proof of address for opening a bank account or something??
Old Feb 25, 18, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
no need to get the oci re-issued....

Search this Thread