Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Location of security at DEL T3 (Domestic/International)

Old Feb 7, 18, 10:33 pm
Original Poster

Where is DEL T3 security located?

Is security located at a central location after check-in, like in LHR or HKG; or

Is security located at each departure gate, as in SIN (T1,T2,T3), KUL and CMB?

First time in India and travelling on a day trip from Delhi to Jaipur. I want to buy some bottled water before departing DEL but want to make sure security does not confiscate it (over 100 ml).
Old Feb 7, 18, 11:50 pm

Programs: Shangri-La Jade, Best Western Diamond, Hilton Gold
Located right after check-in, not at individual gates.

So yes, they will confiscate any bottled water above 100 ml. You would be better off stocking some after deplaning in Jaipur.
Old Feb 7, 18, 11:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by deovrat View Post
Located right after check-in, not at individual gates.

So yes, they will confiscate any bottled water above 100 ml. You would be better off stocking some after deplaning in Jaipur.
Thank you deovrat for confirming that security is at a central point after check-in.

Are you suggesting there are no shops after security? I believe there is a Starbucks near gate 27 (or so says the Starbucks website). If I understood your response correctly, gate 27 is AFTER security. Have I misunderstood?
Old Feb 8, 18, 12:48 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You have plenty of shops after security.
Old Feb 8, 18, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by TheRealBabushka View Post
Thank you deovrat for confirming that security is at a central point after check-in.

Are you suggesting there are no shops after security? I believe there is a Starbucks near gate 27 (or so says the Starbucks website). If I understood your response correctly, gate 27 is AFTER security. Have I misunderstood?
i think deovrat misunderstood your question....he meant to say that if you had the bottle with you before security then you wouldn't be able to take it through....but there are plenty of shops & restaurants after security so getting water won't be a problem....
Old Feb 8, 18, 10:49 am

Programs: Shangri-La Jade, Best Western Diamond, Hilton Gold
Yes a slight misunderstanding there, I took what OP meant from "I want to buy some bottled water before departing DEL" was that he was going to deplane in JAI and get on to some tour or something, so wanted to stock up some water.

Regardless, as others mentioned, plenty of places after security where you can get water.

Search this Thread