Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Should I get the taste of Platinum? (Amex Plat Charge Card India)

Old Dec 17, 17, 5:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG, Marriott, BAEC, Club Vistara, Hiton Honors

I'm a long time reader here but never contributed, until yesterday. Looking to change that. Here's my bind:

I already have Diners Black and Citi Prestige. I am considering upgrading to Amex Platinum (charge card). However, I read A2A's blog and it did put me off a bit. 50K is a lot of fees.

If you have the card, are there known ways to earn the annual fee back? Even if not, what are your thoughts on the card? Is the concierge significantly better than Prestige?

I'm not sure if I'd get the 40K Taj Vouchers the first year. For some reason it's not showing on website anywhere but it was till last week. Maybe I can with approvals. Especially because I have both their main competitors.

Thanks for your inputs!
Old Dec 17, 17, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i considered the card for a while but was in no mood to spend the inr 50k annual fee....the citi prestige is good enough for me....
Old Dec 17, 17, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
i considered the card for a while but was in no mood to spend the inr 50k annual fee....the citi prestige is good enough for me....
Prestige is a fantastic card, no doubt. It's amazing I could not find a single post at FT of someone claiming to have this card. That's quiet telling.
Old Dec 19, 17, 9:36 pm
Original Poster

Applied for the card today. They gave 120,000 MR points as welcome bonus, plus I will get 30,000 more on adding supplementary cards. So with 150K MR points, they basically covered 2 years of card cost. I figured it's worth a try. I'll report the experience.
Old Dec 23, 17, 10:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by hereforbeer View Post
Applied for the card today. They gave 120,000 MR points as welcome bonus, plus I will get 30,000 more on adding supplementary cards. So with 150K MR points, they basically covered 2 years of card cost. I figured it's worth a try. I'll report the experience.
Any spending requirement for the Sign on Bonus?
Old Dec 23, 17, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vishalgupta22 View Post
Any spending requirement for the Sign on Bonus?
Nope. The form they brought me had two options to select welcome gift, 120K MR points or 40K Taj vouchers.

Search this Thread