FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   India (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-478/)
-   -   3:20 AM Flight from Delhi - Where to rest before (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india/1878295-3-20-am-flight-delhi-where-rest-before.html)

travelingbob Nov 18, 2017 8:01 pm

3:20 AM Flight from Delhi - Where to rest before

I am traveling with friends who have a 9PM flight from Delphi airport but my flight does not depart until 3:20AM to London. It looks like there is a "Shower and Nap" facility in the International Arrivals area that I can rent a POD for 6 hours. Has anyone done this and will I be allowed to use this area this many hours before my flight?

Thank you!!!!

UKtravelbear Nov 18, 2017 9:18 pm

So what airline are you flying with? And what class/status? That could give you lounge options but as you don't say you can't get specific advice.

Also do you have to arrive at the airport so early with your friends as the airline you are flying with may have different desk and lounge opening times.

Keyser Nov 19, 2017 3:10 am

Originally Posted by travelingbob (Post 29076213)
I am traveling with friends who have a 9PM flight from Delphi airport but my flight does not depart until 3:20AM to London. It looks like there is a "Shower and Nap" facility in the International Arrivals area that I can rent a POD for 6 hours. Has anyone done this and will I be allowed to use this area this many hours before my flight?

Thank you!!!!

the plaza premium lounge is located in the arrivals area however i'm not sure security will let you in 7+ hours before your flight....

there are tons of hotels near the airport & one at the airport itself which should not cost much more than the 6 hour lounge package & will be a much more comfortable option....

Keyser Nov 19, 2017 3:16 am

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear (Post 29076375)
So what airline are you flying with? And what class/status? That could give you lounge options but as you don't say you can't get specific advice.

Also do you have to arrive at the airport so early with your friends as the airline you are flying with may have different desk and lounge opening times.

the op won't be allowed inside the airport till about 4 hours before the flight so access to the lounge so early is not an option....

knit-in Nov 19, 2017 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by travelingbob (Post 29076213)

Thank you!!!!

You will only be allowed into the airport four, perhaps four and a half, hours prior to your flight time. Depending on the airline, (BA?), it is possible that the check-in counters won't be open until four hours prior to departure.

knit-in Nov 19, 2017 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by Keyser (Post 29076931)
the plaza premium lounge is located in the arrivals area however i'm not sure security will let you in 7+ hours before your flight....

there are tons of hotels near the airport & one at the airport itself which should not cost much more than the 6 hour lounge package & will be a much more comfortable option....

Is there a "shower and nap" facility at DEL that the OP mentions? I've never seen one. There is a shower in the ITC lounge, I think, but not quite what one expects to find in some other nicer lounges.

Keyser Nov 19, 2017 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by knit-in (Post 29078466)
Is there a "shower and nap" facility at DEL that the OP mentions? I've never seen one. There is a shower in the ITC lounge, I think, but not quite what one expects to find in some other nicer lounges.

there is in the plaza premium lounge in the international arrivals area....

travelingbob Nov 20, 2017 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by Keyser (Post 29079648)
there is in the plaza premium lounge in the international arrivals area....

Thank you for the advise. From your experience would I be able to enter the arrivals area with my luggage from the street and just head to this club in the unsecured Arrivals area?

Keyser Nov 21, 2017 10:50 am

Originally Posted by travelingbob (Post 29083191)
Thank you for the advise. From your experience would I be able to enter the arrivals area with my luggage from the street and just head to this club in the unsecured Arrivals area?

yes you can....you may need to buy a ticket to enter the arrivals area....don't think it will cost you more than inr 150 or so....