Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Airport Lounge in HYD

Airport Lounge in HYD

Old Nov 11, 17, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles Member, Global Entry,AA Gold
Airport Lounge in HYD

Hi I am flying to HYD on BA in a few weeks and I am looking at going to the lounge at HYD for a few hours till my next flight at VGA. I am trying to figure out if there are still lounges in HYD. I looked on the Loungebuddy app and it said there is the Plaza Premium Lounge in the Domestic and International Terminal After Security. Also it said there is a Plaza Premium Lounge (Transit Hotel). According to lounge buddy it says it costs 18.00. Does that include the shower too or is that extra. I would take a earlier flight to VGA but my flight lands from lhr to hyd at 5:20 am and even though I have OCI I won't make it to the 7:20 flight to VGA its a bit tight, so I am looking at the 1:00 flight or take a cab to VGA. Trying to get some info the lounges before my trip thanks in advance.
Old Nov 12, 17, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i always use the plaza premium lounge in the domestic terminal & its a pretty basic lounge....i don't believe they have shower facilities....
Old Nov 12, 17, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
i always use the plaza premium lounge in the domestic terminal & its a pretty basic lounge....i don't believe they have shower facilities....
Oh, lounge buddy says they do. Maybe its wrong. Is the Lounge out outside of security better or is the one in the domestic terminal after security better ?
Old Nov 12, 17, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by comptr View Post
Oh, lounge buddy says they do. Maybe its wrong. Is the Lounge out outside of security better or is the one in the domestic terminal after security better ?
i've only used the one after security & its a pretty basic lounge....
Old Nov 12, 17, 11:16 pm
Original Poster

i've only used the one after security & its a pretty basic lounge....
Ahh ok, Well I am debating what to do, since my flight from LHR lands at 5:20 am and the next flight to VGA is 7:10 AM so it may be a bit tight and the next non-stop flight is not till 1:00 so I a debating weather to take a cab to VGA or wait for the 1:00 flight, since the 7:10 flight may be a bit too close time wise.
Old Nov 12, 17, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by comptr View Post
Ahh ok, Well I am debating what to do, since my flight from LHR lands at 5:20 am and the next flight to VGA is 7:10 AM so it may be a bit tight and the next non-stop flight is not till 1:00 so I a debating weather to take a cab to VGA or wait for the 1:00 flight, since the 7:10 flight may be a bit too close time wise.
i would just drive....shouldn't take you longer than 5-6 hours....
Old Nov 12, 17, 11:58 pm
Original Poster

i would just drive....shouldn't take you longer than 5-6 hours....
Oh ok, ya I would love to fly but my BA flight is coming around 5AM and since the next flight is at 7:10, it would be a bit short, since I would have to clear customs get my baggage and get to domestic and check in for my next flight and clear security again. Its just a bit too tight. I may as well drive. Thanks for the help. On the return though I will use the lounge since my flight is not till 7AM on the 10th and I will be flying or driving back to HYD on the 9th.
Old Nov 15, 17, 5:44 am

Loungebuddy is possibly referring to the landside Plaza Premium lounge, which I believe also has rooms to rent and showers. I've only used the lounge part. It's pretty basic, but not crowded. And unaccountably dark at all times.

The airside lounge is tired, grubby, and is long past its best days. It's also very hot in there during the day, especially the afternoon. The aircon never seems to work.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: