FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   India (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-478/)
-   -   2nd entry on eVisa, which line? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india/1871467-2nd-entry-evisa-line.html)

aceman Oct 11, 2017 6:04 am

2nd entry on eVisa, which line?

when I flew into India a couple of weeks back there was a visa line, a few other assorted lines and a huge, sprawling mess of an eVisa line

im now about to return for my second permissible entry (double entry visa) do I have to enter through the same evisa line or can I use what was the much shorter regular visa line, since now, there is already a visa in my passport?

Keyser Oct 11, 2017 8:57 am

Originally Posted by aceman (Post 28919258)
when I flew into India a couple of weeks back there was a visa line, a few other assorted lines and a huge, sprawling mess of an eVisa line

im now about to return for my second permissible entry (double entry visa) do I have to enter through the same evisa line or can I use what was the much shorter regular visa line, since now, there is already a visa in my passport?

good question....

i don't have an answer for you but i would try the regular visa line....hopefully someone here has been in the same situation as you & can provide a more definitive answer....

by the way, which airport are you flying into????

aceman Oct 11, 2017 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by Keyser (Post 28919739)
good question....

i don't have an answer for you but i would try the regular visa line....hopefully someone here has been in the same situation as you & can provide a more definitive answer....

by the way, which airport are you flying into????

Delhi.

it was horrific. Almost 2 hours in the eVisa line

technically you would think that the regular line would be ok, the thing that took time was the checking of paper work etc in the eVisa line. Technically they don't need to do that now, just tick in the passport second entry and then let you through... but common sense and Indian beauracracy don't often mix...

Keyser Oct 12, 2017 12:48 am

Originally Posted by aceman (Post 28922593)
but common sense and Indian beauracracy don't often mix...

so true....

i would try the regular visa line....

aceman Oct 12, 2017 10:19 pm

Yeah I think I will, just to satisfy my curiosity and to provide guidance for the future here. Wish me luck!

Keyser Oct 13, 2017 3:44 am

Originally Posted by aceman (Post 28926795)
Yeah I think I will, just to satisfy my curiosity and to provide guidance for the future here. Wish me luck!

good luck....let us know what happens....

aceman Oct 13, 2017 1:08 pm

Well I arrived and the hall was almost totally empty. I spoke to the info desk guy and asked him and he said I could go to the regular visa line. Funnily, that line had a couple of people in it, so I walked to the eVisa line and was seen immediately.

I deliberately didn't pull out any paperwork and handed over my passport opened at the existing visa page. He looked at it typed in the number, took my thumb print only, and I was done.

as an aside I used my debit card at Delhi duty free and later this evening I've had 2 fraudulent charges go through. The people I'm with say the duty free there is notorious for this

Keyser Oct 14, 2017 1:15 am

Originally Posted by aceman (Post 28929148)
Well I arrived and the hall was almost totally empty. I spoke to the info desk guy and asked him and he said I could go to the regular visa line. Funnily, that line had a couple of people in it, so I walked to the eVisa line and was seen immediately.

I deliberately didn't pull out any paperwork and handed over my passport opened at the existing visa page. He looked at it typed in the number, took my thumb print only, and I was done.

as an aside I used my debit card at Delhi duty free and later this evening I've had 2 fraudulent charges go through. The people I'm with say the duty free there is notorious for this

glad it all worked out....

i shop at duty free every time i travel & have never had a problem with fraudulent charges....as a precaution i only use my credit card & never my debit card....

aceman Oct 14, 2017 11:32 am

Originally Posted by Keyser (Post 28930870)
glad it all worked out....

i shop at duty free every time i travel & have never had a problem with fraudulent charges....as a precaution i only use my credit card & never my debit card....

yeah my debit card is a prepaid card with very good app and zero fx fees so I use it for this sort of thing.

2 charges made for goair about 6 hours after I landed, and 2 attempts today that failed for cleartravel.com

people said it's well know, and I googled Delhi duty free card cloning and a few complaints came up on their Facebook page about this, so be careful!

dsb340 Oct 18, 2017 10:12 am

Originally Posted by aceman (Post 28932102)
yeah my debit card is a prepaid card with very good app and zero fx fees so I use it for this sort of thing.

2 charges made for goair about 6 hours after I landed, and 2 attempts today that failed for cleartravel.com

people said it's well know, and I googled Delhi duty free card cloning and a few complaints came up on their Facebook page about this, so be careful!

Not true for me. Shopped several times on a debit card but maybe I was lucky

aceman Nov 6, 2017 11:54 am

Interesting that a new user registers to tell us how safe delhi duty free is. I'm curious if he will remain an active poster.....

Anyway, Delhi duty free seem to have their heads firmly in the sand on this one, I mentioned it on their facebook page (having got there after googling delhi duty free card cloning and finding other people complaining about it)

Their reply on their facebook page was that this is the first time they've ever heard about it -despite other complaints of the exact same thing mentioned there.

I also emailed their fraud department, and today got this reply

Dear Aceman,

Thank you for contacting us.

It is a shocking news you have shared with us.

We assure nothing of such can happen from our end however, as the billing took place on 13th Oct and we keep our cctv footage for a month. I request you to kindly share the bill copy for us to investigate your case.

If for any reason you do not have the bill copy, Kindly share the passport number under which the bill was generated. We will get the soft copy of the bill and will investigate the same.

Request your quick reply.
So they do vaguely seem to be wanting to look into it, but are starting with the premise that its impossible that it could have happened their end.... Well, lets see

IAN-UK Nov 13, 2017 4:22 am

How odd! I was in the same situation and was told quite definitely to go the eVisa route. It wasn't mobbed, so for future reference I asked the officer dealing with my passport for confirmation: he said in theory once the visa is issued, electronically or not, any position can deal with it. But his advice was to use the dedicated lines to avoid "possible delays" (as he delicately put it :D).

knit-in Nov 13, 2017 9:50 am

A colleague was denied entry into India, at Delhi, last week because while his e-visa was within its validity period, his last trip to India was 62 days prior. The immigration stamp from that previous visit states that the following (second visit) must be within 60 days of last entry. Is that piece of information well known, because the immigration stamp is the only place it states that.

Oh yeah, that happened to me, within a day of my using a Chase card (Sapphire Preferred, IIRC) at the Delhi Duty Free. When I mentioned this to someone, stories of similar experiences poured.