Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Is 2hr enough to turnaround in BLR?

Old Sep 26, 17, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Hi - I doing a mileage run in December and flying LAX-LHR-BLR r/t on BA arriving at 5am in Bangalore from London and departing at 7am back to London (presumably on the same BA plane). So the question I have - is 2hrs enough? I am not sure whether I need to go through immigration and customs and then check in again or if there is some transit route that is faster (I will have no checked baggage). BA customer support service is saying that I need to check-in 2hrs prior to departure but I don't think they appreciate what I am trying to do.
Also, will I need Indian visa (EU citizen) just for the transit? - not a big deal - happy to get them - just worried about the transit time.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Clive
Old Sep 27, 17, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i just did a domestic to international transfer at blr last night....i was flying del-blr-cmb....it took me less than 30 minutes from the time i got off the plane, passed through the transfer area, cleared immigration & go through security....i'm assuming an international to international transfer would take less time, especially as you won't have to go through immigration....
Old Sep 27, 17, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Thank you Keyser - that's very helpful. Do you think it was that fast because it was at night and hence less people? Also, just curious if it is indeed the case that you don't have to clear immigration if it is international to international transfer.
Old Sep 27, 17, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Clive78 View Post
Thank you Keyser - that's very helpful. Do you think it was that fast because it was at night and hence less people? Also, just curious if it is indeed the case that you don't have to clear immigration if it is international to international transfer.
my flight landed around 10pm which is when a lot of people are checking in for international flights....the transfer was still quick....

i've done international to international transfers in del & bom before & neither one of those places require you to clear immigration....it will be the same for blr as well....
Old Sep 27, 17, 11:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
my flight landed around 10pm which is when a lot of people are checking in for international flights....the transfer was still quick....

i've done international to international transfers in del & bom before & neither one of those places require you to clear immigration....it will be the same for blr as well....
Thank you - that is very helpful!
Old Sep 28, 17, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Clive78 View Post
Thank you - that is very helpful!
no problem....let us know how it turns out....

Search this Thread