Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Hyderabad - Taj Krishna vs Park Hyatt vs ITC Kakatiya

Old Aug 15, 17, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Hi FlyerTalkers,

I saw some older threads but wanted to update the record because I know a lot can change in the Indian hotel scene. For an extended stay, which of these properties would your recommend:

Taj Krishna - Club Room
Park Hyatt - Regency Suite (No Lounge?)
ITC Kakatiya - One Room (no lounge but they advertise free happy hour?)
Marriott or Courtyard Marriott - Best Room w/ Executive Club

I have Marriott/SPG status and a prior balance of Hyatt points so slightly prefer earning Marriott/SPG points but am looking for the best maintained, service, and enjoyable of the bunch.

Last edited by emstone; Aug 15, 17 at 6:56 am
Old Aug 15, 17, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by emstone View Post
Hi FlyerTalkers,

I saw some older threads but wanted to update the record because I know a lot can change in the Indian hotel scene. For an extended stay, which of these properties would your recommend:

Taj Krishna - Club Room

I have Marriott/SPG status and a prior balance of Hyatt points so slightly prefer earning Marriott/SPG points but am looking for the best maintained, service, and enjoyable of the bunch.
i've stayed at the first 2 properties once each but my regular hotel in hyderabad is the itc kakatiya....stayed there well over a dozen times....in fact, i'm staying there again next week....

i would definitely recommend it....solid hotel in a good location....the itc one rooms are nice....a large room with a sitting area....comparable to junior suites at most properties....
emstone likes this.
Old Aug 15, 17, 12:55 pm
formerly gantid

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Platinum, Marriott Platinum elite, *G, Hilton Gold
I always stay @ Taj Krishna, great service (older hotel).
Old Aug 17, 17, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by emstone View Post
Hi FlyerTalkers,

Taj Krishna - Club Room

I went through the reviews on Google for these hotels. All except Courtyard Marriott, have good reviews.

After going through the properties pics, I am more inclined to Taj Krishna
Old Aug 18, 17, 6:40 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info Keyser, I'm going to start out at Kakatiya. I'll try to post a report.
Old Aug 20, 17, 8:20 pm
Ambassador: Emirates

Programs: Skywards Gold
Keep in mind what area you need to be in also. ITC is in Begumpet while Krishna is in Banjara Hills, both suitable for working around Banjara Hills, Jubilee Hills (some traffic in than house) and Begumpet. For Secunderabad ITC is closer. If you need to be on the IT side of things around Gachibowli, Hitec City and Kondhapur, you may prefer something that side. I don't actually know where the Park Hyatt is.

ITC has a funky looking Irish pub, haven't had a drink there though. The Taj Banjara has a unlimited started and drinks deal usually, but haven't been there in years. It's across the road from the Krishna.
Old Sep 29, 17, 11:48 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN
Westin is another option!

I can attest to the Westin being an option that most folks haven't mentioned. They have a lounge (small bites and open bar). Great Italian restaurant, Good general eatery and upscale Indian restaurant. The Sunday brunch is really good as a lot of expats visit. They are remodeling rooms to rip out old carpet and put wood flooring in (many floors completed).
Old Oct 16, 17, 10:01 am

Another vote for the Westin. Great Heavenly Spa and free tuk tuk to Inorbit Mall. Prego is my favorite restaurant at this hotel.

Taj Krishna has the Golden Dragon restaurant, another favorite.

I would recommend that you book your hotel based on where you need to be in the morning. Traffic is bad and you should pick a place close to your morning destination.

Originally Posted by Halo117 View Post
I can attest to the Westin being an option that most folks haven't mentioned. They have a lounge (small bites and open bar). Great Italian restaurant, Good general eatery and upscale Indian restaurant. The Sunday brunch is really good as a lot of expats visit. They are remodeling rooms to rip out old carpet and put wood flooring in (many floors completed).
Old Nov 2, 17, 4:05 pm

Marriott is rather tired IMHO although the staff were very keen and the buffet was good.
Old Nov 3, 17, 12:38 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
The Trident has been my favourite for Hitech City stays since its opening a few years ago.
Old Dec 8, 17, 1:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
i've stayed at the first 2 properties once each but my regular hotel in hyderabad is the itc kakatiya....stayed there well over a dozen times....in fact, i'm staying there again next week....

i would definitely recommend it....solid hotel in a good location....the itc one rooms are nice....a large room with a sitting area....comparable to junior suites at most properties....
Hi,
Do you know if they provide free breakfast to SPG Platinum memebers?
Old Dec 9, 17, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22 View Post
Hi,
Do you know if they provide free breakfast to SPG Platinum memebers?
yes they do....
Old Dec 9, 17, 5:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Smile

Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
yes they do....
Thanks Keyser
Old May 9, 19, 2:20 am

Programs: AA PPRO, DL PM, Marriott Plat Elite, Hertz Pres Circle, National Exec Elite
old thread but resurrecting given its ranking on google.

give the itc kohenur a try! amazing hotel at amazing prices, and itís a Marriott partner property!

Search this Thread