Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

are arrival forms still required for foreigners?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2017, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Departure forms for foreigners, and arrival forms for Indian citizens, were eliminated some years ago. Departure forms for Indian citizens were eliminated a few months ago.

Arrival forms for foreigners should logically be eliminated also, but I can't find any information on it.

They stopped handing these forms out on airplanes some years ago, so one has to hunt down these forms immediately upon arrival. A minor matter, but still, a pain. They acknowledged when eliminating all forms for Indians that the forms were redundant...
Old Aug 11, 2017, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
last time i checked, arrival forms were still required for foreigners....i'm currently on my way back to del from ams so i'll check when i land & report back to confirm if this is still the case....
Old Aug 11, 2017, 4:04 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Arrival forms are required for Foreign Nationals.

At BOM there were counters by the wall as one walks from the arrival gate to immigration. The forms were in plenty.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by knit-in
Arrival forms are required for Foreign Nationals.

At BOM there were counters by the wall as one walks from the arrival gate to immigration. The forms were in plenty.
yup....i can confirm that as well....they were distributing the forms to foreign nationals onboard my klm flight last night....i also saw a bunch of people filling up the forms at immigration....
Old Aug 12, 2017, 9:06 am
Original Poster

OK, many thanks for the replies! I haven't received the forms on board for about the last 3 years, flying CX, EY, QR.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
OK, many thanks for the replies! I haven't received the forms on board for about the last 3 years, flying CX, EY, QR.
not only did they hand them out on my flight last night but they even announced that indian citizens do not need to fill them up....
Old Aug 12, 2017, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Keyser
not only did they hand them out on my flight last night but they even announced that indian citizens do not need to fill them up....
+1 coming in on UA a couple of nights ago.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
I've arrived twice with Brussels Airlines over the last couple of months, and both times the airline hadn't loaded Indian immigration forms. And of course kept quiet about it until asked.

But you certainly need to complete a landing card.

You can pick them up at desks/shelves along the wall immediately before you reach the immigration lines. You'll most likely see lots of people lining the shelves filling in forms.

In truth the forms are surprisingly simple. Best not to give up time and your place in the queue: you can complete the forms while standing in line, or at a pinch while at the desk (which i what I did).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.