Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Need to travel immediately and return Sep..Kids passport expires in Oct - OCI holders

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need to travel immediately and return Sep..Kids passport expires in Oct - OCI holders

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2017, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Hi,

My kids and I need to travel immediately to India as my mother is not feeling well and we want to visit her. We want to come back in September first week of school, but the kids passports expire mid October (mine was just renewed last year so it has more than 6 months). With less than 3 months on passport, will it be a problem? Kids and I are OCI holders. Anyone traveled recently to India with less than 6 months on the passport? Any problems? Which airlines? We want to go with Etihad. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old Jul 23, 2017, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
it could be a problem....ideally you should have 6 or more on your passport....

having said that, there are many reports here on ft where people have traveled to india with less than 6 months validity on their passports & have not had a problem....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.