Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chennai - left luggage / layover

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2017, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Chennai - left luggage / layover

I'm visiting India in January and have some questions about Chennai. Our itinerary involves landing in Chennai from Hong Kong at 12:20 am, then catching a separate flight to Kochi at 6:10 am. After a few days there, we will be coming back to Chennai to spend some time with my husband's family.

First, does Chennai have a reputable left luggage facility where we could leave a bag for 5 days? We plan to bring some items for the family but don't want to lug them around Kerala with us if it could be avoided. It would be much more convenient to leave a bag in Chennai and pick it up when we come back through. We don't really want to wake up a family member to meet us at the airport in the middle of the night either!

Also, is there anything to do in the airport during the layover? I have priority pass through a credit card and their site indicates the lounges are open 24 hours but I'm not sure that we'll be able to enter the domestic terminal that early.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i don't believe there is a left luggage facility in maa....

at that time at night there is nothing to do at the airport....you probably won't be allowed inside the domestic terminal till close to 4am....your best bet would be to go to one of the many hotels nearby....they have 24 hour coffee shops that you can have dinner at & hang around in for a few hours before heading back to the airport....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.