Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Waiting in T3 (New Delhi) Arrivals to Receive Someone

Old Jul 18, 17, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Hi,

My mom is coming back from the US after a 5 month visit to my sister's place. This is the first time she is travelling internationally (and alone). Her flight lands at T3 at about 1 am and then she has a connecting flight (Jet Airways) after a layover of 4.5 hours.

I have booked an Air India flight from Hyderabad to New Delhi which will land at T3 about 2 hours before her flight lands. My intention is to meet her and help her check-in into her next flight. I have an Air India flight back to Hyderabad in the morning (couple of hours after my mom's flight).

I am wondering if I will be able to stay in the arrival's area to meet my mom? I am not sure if T3 has separate arrival sections for international and domestic flights, in which case we both will end up at different places and my visit will be wasted.
Old Jul 19, 17, 12:31 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Your flight AI 127 is a hybrid international domestic flight, so you will arrive in the same area/section of T3 as your mother. You can even wait for her near the transfer desks and meet her shortly after she deplanes from the aircraft. Once you meet up, you can bring her till the immigration desk and help with luggage. Once you pass customs, you turn left and go upstairs to checkin with 9W.
Old Jul 19, 17, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
keep in mind though that there is nothing to do in the arrivals area before immigration....

also security at the transfer desk is not happy with people hanging out in the area....i got into a bit of an argument with one of them last month....i landed in bom on an international flight & was immediately flying from bom-vns via del on 9w....my cousin was flying into del around the same time (his flight was to land 45 minutes after mine) & i wanted to hand over something i was carrying for him....i thought i could wait for him at the transfer desk but security gave me a hard time....they said i wasn't allowed to hang out in that area....i eventually managed to stay there but they weren't happy with the situation....a bunch of times they came up to me & asked me to go through security....

Search this Thread