Reload this Page >

India joins US Global Entry programme.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 2, 2019, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Please check out the parallel thread in the Travel Safety/Security Trusted Travelers forum:

Global Entry for Citizens of India
Print Wikipost

India joins US Global Entry programme.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2019, 8:07 am

Looks like I was conditionally approved on Jan 3, just didn't get an email from TTP
Old Jan 10, 2019, 2:07 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, HH Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Marriott Gold
Same here, conditionally approved Jan 3rd, no mail from TTP/PSK. (B1/B2 holder)
Timeline -
PSK appointment - 16/8/2018
Police verification - 19/8/2018
Conditional approval - 03/01/2019

Any tips on enrollment on arrival at LAX mid-April, have a domestic connection in 3hrs, wondering if that is enough time.
Any advice is much appreciated.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 6:28 am

these Government are day by day making the system worst mostly in India. See now i need by new born baby Passport, but they are asking Aadhaar of the new born baby mandatory. So from where should i get this new born baby aadhaar, there is rush across country to make Aadhaar.

And on top i am shocked reading to articles how with Aadhaar Government is providing passport in 10 days https://aadhaarcard.net.in/how-to-ge...-aadhaar-card/
Old Jan 11, 2019, 7:41 am

Programs: Ettihad Guest
Smile

Originally Posted by Rajuking
Hii,
As indian passport holder with b1/b2 visa when i enter next time to usa i hv to scan my passport or my visa? Because that officer has told me some thing about visa but i didnt understand it...
Go to the Global entry kiosk at immigration in the entry port and scan your passport. Don't have to scan visa. The machine will ask you if you are bringing in anything to declare. Just answer truthfully and go to the agent. He will then stamp your entry on passport. I went in December and immigration at JFK took about 10 minutes and I was out of there and to the baggage carousel. Thank you GOI, GE and CBP.

Last edited by vedanta_visharad; Jan 11, 2019 at 7:46 am
Old Feb 2, 2019, 8:44 am

Approval 18 months after starting the application

My wife (F1) and I (H1B) both got out global entry! We applied for this as soon as it was announced in July 2017. Here is our timeline and experience.

Timeline for My wife's application (Mine was similar- PSK was a week later and in Hyderabad):
Global Entry Application - Jul 4, 2017
PSK appointment - Jul 30, 2018 - Bangalore
Police verification - Aug 2, 2018 - Bangalore
Conditional approval - Jan 3, 2019
Appointment and Final Approval- Jan 29, 2019 - Dulles Airport (IAD). Govt. shutdown pushed the date.

Experience:

CBP Application: My wife and I enrolled as soon as the program was announced. Unfortunately, the details about PSK in India and timelines associated with the Indian Govt weren't clear. CBP offered to refund but did say that we could do the PSK stuff up to a year into the future. These were their exact words to my query: "The Government of India (GOI) has imposed the added requirement of having an interview in India. This was imposed after our initial rollout. Therefore, if you submitted an application prior to July 6, 2017 and cannot complete the GOI requirement, then we are offering you a full refund. If you feel that you can complete it, but it will be many months out, that is fine. Your application will remain active for up to a year until you are able to complete. Please reply to this email with your name and PASSID, if you want a refund. We will not offer refunds if you submitted an application after July 6, 2017."Based on this, we decided to keep our application as we had plans to go to India in about a year's time.
PSK Appointment & Police verification: PSK appointment itself cannot be scheduled way in advance but we didn't have issues getting appointments. The process at PSK was fairly streamlined by Indian standards. Took about an hour or so. The head of the PSK was saying that there were tons of applications pending somewhere in the bureaucracy. Police verification followed soon after- the police guy asked me to show up at the police station with copies of passport, PAN, Aadhar etc. Again, very smooth process.

CBP Conditional Approval & Appointment at Center: Honestly, based on timelines posted, I was expecting the conditional approval to come in about 8 months later but it took 5 months for us. I never actually received emails from CBP about conditional approval or final approval. Anyway, on Jan 4th, 2019, I checked my account and there it was conditional approval was granted on Jan 3rd, 2019. We kept scheduling the appointment at IAD (Dulles airport) but had to move it every-time due to the Govt shutdown.

Finally, with the government open, we had our interview on Jan 29th. Since we had moved from our 2017 address- it took a while for the officer to update everything (he was very slow) for the both of us. In addition, my wife had a H4 in 2017 and she moved onto a F1 so he needed to update that as well. Anyway, we never received an email from CBP on approval but the online account showed

I am just super excited to have TSA Pre and GE done for the next 4-5 years. I will need to keep my VISA updated with the enrollment center but those are walk-ins and a minor hassle. I hope that on I don't have to go through the Indian process again the next time!

Last edited by solesix; Feb 2, 2019 at 9:20 am
Old Feb 2, 2019, 9:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I completed police verification in Dec 2017. Last week I got an email from passport.admin saying they have sent my file for police verification(again?). Online the status shows the same old GEP initiated blah blah. The same cop came home(I am in US) and even he was confused. I'll be in Mumbai next week so my parents just told him he will come and sort it out with you.

This whole process has been a total joke. I know the police verification was completed as I've got info during inquiry that its pending ministry approvals and the local cop also had told me the police verification was complete - both on his side and main office in town.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 6:58 pm

I have been using my global entry for the last year. I'm going to India in June 2019 and will come back with my H1B visa extension stamping done in August 2019. Do I have to submit any updates somewhere for global entry when I come back on my new visa?
Old Feb 6, 2019, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Stivelio
I have been using my global entry for the last year. I'm going to India in June 2019 and will come back with my H1B visa extension stamping done in August 2019. Do I have to submit any updates somewhere for global entry when I come back on my new visa?
i don't think so....if you get a new passport then you have to register that with them....i don't think the new visa makes a difference....
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by Acid
I completed police verification in Dec 2017. Last week I got an email from passport.admin saying they have sent my file for police verification(again?). Online the status shows the same old GEP initiated blah blah. The same cop came home(I am in US) and even he was confused. I'll be in Mumbai next week so my parents just told him he will come and sort it out with you.

This whole process has been a total joke. I know the police verification was completed as I've got info during inquiry that its pending ministry approvals and the local cop also had told me the police verification was complete - both on his side and main office in town.
So there is a new twist to my saga. This may help some others stuck with no updates. I visitied my local police station today and the cop showed me the status of my file as AD OK - which means they sent back to RPO as Adverse OK. Apparently they did this because there was a slight address change compared to my passport(same building, same floor, we have split the joint flats which were earlier 1 unit). Nowhere on PSK website did it say PCC pending. I am now told I should go to RPO Mumbai with address proof (like seriously - for the nth time -- I gave it during PSK interview - again when cop came home for verification and now RPO Mumbai). I don't even have the original PSK barcode with me anymore. The cop gave me a pic of my file status which shows the AD OK status which I can show to RPO tomorrow. If anyone is stuck for 1.5 yrs now, maybe its worth checking if your PCC was in OK status.

Old Feb 20, 2019, 4:51 am

I got my conditional approval today! Wow, that was quick!
Per my above post, my application was stuck with the RPO due to Adverse OK status on PCC. I met the RPO Mumbai last Friday and she was puzzled too with AD OK as it made no sense to her. It should be either Adverse or OK. She approved my PCC that day. I'm back in US - so will need to make another visit for the interview - so it looks like the home/finance ministries had already cleared me and I was waiting on the PCC mess.

BTW - I didn't get any email for conditional approval - surprised to see it though when I logged in today
Old Feb 26, 2019, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
for people who have applied recently, how long from the time you submit your global entry application to the time you get the email from passport seva asking you to come in for initial verification????
Old Mar 4, 2019, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
for people who have applied recently, how long from the time you submit your global entry application to the time you get the email from passport seva asking you to come in for initial verification????
bumping this question again....

filled in & submitted the ge application for a family member last week....haven't received the passport seva email yet....how long is this taking these days????
Old Mar 12, 2019, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Stivelio
You do need to update your new visa number with CBP. It doesn't need an appt., you can simply walk in and update.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by airplane7
You do need to update your new visa number with CBP. It doesn't need an appt., you can simply walk in and update.
I was told during my interview that it can be done at the airport once you return after a new h1b stamping - similar to enrollment on arrival.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by Acid
I was told during my interview that it can be done at the airport once you return after a new h1b stamping - similar to enrollment on arrival.
That's correct

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.