Reload this Page >

India joins US Global Entry programme.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 2, 2019, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Please check out the parallel thread in the Travel Safety/Security Trusted Travelers forum:

Global Entry for Citizens of India
Print Wikipost

India joins US Global Entry programme.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2018, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by cubebot
It's better if you provide your file#
which file no you mean???
Old Dec 5, 2018, 8:25 am

Has anyone received a conditional approval recently? I raised a grievance through the Centralized Public Grievance Redress And Monitoring System (CPGRAMS) and got a response that the file is pending with the Ministry of Finance. No idea how to proceed as the Ministry of Finance is not listed on the CPGRAMS system.

I applied in December 2017 and finished police verification in January 2018.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 10:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by indianexpatinusa
Has anyone received a conditional approval recently? I raised a grievance through the Centralized Public Grievance Redress And Monitoring System (CPGRAMS) and got a response that the file is pending with the Ministry of Finance. No idea how to proceed as the Ministry of Finance is not listed on the CPGRAMS system.

I applied in December 2017 and finished police verification in January 2018.
I've been waiting since Dec 2017 as well. Finance minstry is broken down into revenue/economic affairs/expenditure/financial services. I'm not sure which one is so concerned about GEP. Maybe raise it with all one by one.
I
Old Dec 5, 2018, 10:21 am

Programs: AA, UA
I applied and did PSK stuff in early June when I was in India (BLR if that matters). Today, I got approval email.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by Acid
I've been waiting since Dec 2017 as well. Finance minstry is broken down into revenue/economic affairs/expenditure/financial services. I'm not sure which one is so concerned about GEP. Maybe raise it with all one by one.
I
Raised grievances with all the departments. Also filed an RTI with MEA. Hope I won't have my passport confiscated in pursuit of Global Entry.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by indianexpatinusa
Raised grievances with all the departments. Also filed an RTI with MEA. Hope I won't have my passport confiscated in pursuit of Global Entry.
I raised grievance with MEA and MinFIn. Interestingly the grievance raised with Finance Ministry was answered by MEA as follows

Information regarding status of verification carried out by Indian authorities and communicated to US CBP authorities will NOT be disclosed to the applicants or the general public as this information is being collected on behalf of the US Government, under a bilateral agreement. You may visit following link : https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in...e/gepOnlineApp
Old Dec 11, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: EY
What an utter mess this continues to be. It should not take 12 months to unnecessarily process clearance through 13 different agencies for this US based program. We do police clearance for our passport application, and that takes only a day or so, so why does it take so long for this program that doesn't even effect India? There are people who have been born, received their Indian passport, applied for and been approved for USA immigrant visas , and moved to the US in the span of that 12 months. Utterly ridiculous that this takes so long for a program such as this.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 7:55 am

It's been exactly a year since my application and police clearance. I was hoping for a Keyser-like anniversary surprise but alas.....
Old Dec 27, 2018, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Acid
It's been exactly a year since my application and police clearance. I was hoping for a Keyser-like anniversary surprise but alas.....
keep the faith....its just unfortunate how badly the indian government has messed this up....
Old Jan 1, 2019, 12:08 pm

Global entry on H1-B

Has anyone tried using Global entry on H1-B visa. It seems that you are not allowed directly through global entry for h1b visa holders. You still have to go to the customs officer and they'll verify your documents. I have gone through the customs twice and both times after scanning the passport,I was directed to go to the officer again for them to verify the documents.
Anybody else has had similar experience?
Old Jan 1, 2019, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by Rohitp
Has anyone tried using Global entry on H1-B visa. It seems that you are not allowed directly through global entry for h1b visa holders. You still have to go to the customs officer and they'll verify your documents. I have gone through the customs twice and both times after scanning the passport,I was directed to go to the officer again for them to verify the documents.
Anybody else has had similar experience?
I am on H1B and did multiple international trips and used global entry kiosks at DFW airport each time on my way back to the US in 2018
Old Jan 1, 2019, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by Stivelio
I am on H1B and did multiple international trips and used global entry kiosks at DFW airport each time on my way back to the US in 2018
So you're not redirected to an officer to check the visa and i-797?
Twice i tried it after my international trips, the kiosk gave me a slip with 'X' on it, needing me to go to an officer.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 4:07 pm

Twice i tried it after my international trips, the kiosk gave me a slip with 'X' on it, needing me to go to an officer.
Correct. I didn't have any interaction with any officers and was able to walk out after using the kiosk
Old Jan 3, 2019, 11:02 am

That can and does happen to USC/PR/ESTA also . It's not am H1 thing. If you had any prior flags for additional customs check, that can explain too. Almost always at EWR I get re-routed for an extra scan while JFK nowadays does not even require filling out the blue customs form when going to a counter
Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:06 am

Got an email from Bangalore PSK that "information has been received from all concerned departments and that my file has been approved. Report has been shared with CBP." Now, have to wait for conditional approval, which I don't think will happen until the government shutdown ends.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.