Reload this Page >

India joins US Global Entry programme.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 2, 2019, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Please check out the parallel thread in the Travel Safety/Security Trusted Travelers forum:

Global Entry for Citizens of India
Print Wikipost

India joins US Global Entry programme.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2018, 9:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Great news that approvals have started trickling in! I had a 2 hr wait at JFK for immigration this week and was so mad at Indian govt for delaying this. Anyone from Dec-Jan police verification got approvals yet?
Old Jul 4, 2018, 6:10 pm

I have got my conditional approoval today

Originally Posted by Keyser
had my interview today at jfk....it was scheduled for 4:30pm & i arrived 15 minutes earlier....there was a sign-in page at the door where i had to fill in my name & interview time....after that i took a seat in the waiting room....

around 4:50pm an officer called out my name & asked for my passport....she took the passport & told me to take a seat in the waiting room again....5 minutes later she called me again & took me over to her desk....

she asked me to verify my name & date of birth....then she took my picture & fingerprints....next she asked if i had ever been arrested or convicted in any criminal activity & whether i had ever applied for global entry before....lastly she asked me to verify my email & postal address....then she told me i was approved & handed me back my passport & a piece of paper with my trusted traveler number....the whole interview process took 2 minutes....i even got the approval email within an hour of leaving the enrollment center....

its unbelievable how the indian government managed to screw this up....it should never have taken a year to get conditional approval but i'm glad its done now....
I Have got my conditional approval today luckly i am flying back tomorrow and got my appointment at ewr for tomorrow evening will update after my interview done.. its took exactly a year to get this clear mean time my passport page finished and got new passport hope that will not make any issue..
Old Jul 5, 2018, 8:36 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles PM
I received conditional approval yesterday - Now have to find an appointment that's not 2-3 months in the future!

I submitted my global entry application, online, in July 2017. Did my passport verification and PCC in India in December 2017.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 4:34 pm

Approoved

Originally Posted by Rajuking
I Have got my conditional approval today luckly i am flying back tomorrow and got my appointment at ewr for tomorrow evening will update after my interview done.. its took exactly a year to get this clear mean time my passport page finished and got new passport hope that will not make any issue..
Had an appointment at 6.15pm at ewr and I am out at 6.20pm with got instant email in my mail box of approoval... its so easy...
Old Jul 10, 2018, 3:30 am

Is it just a number one gets issued or also a card to use at arrival?
Old Jul 10, 2018, 3:36 am

To foreign citizen only no. Card is for us citizen only.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 8:59 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Rajuking
To foreign citizen only no. Card is for us citizen only.
Actually, US citizens and lawful permanent residents, and Mexican citizens.

However, the GE kiosks do not accept or read the cards; everyone, including those who have been issued the cards, must scan their passports or, if applicable, Green Cards or visas.

Last edited by TWA884; Jul 10, 2018 at 9:42 am
Old Jul 10, 2018, 9:27 am

Hii,
As indian passport holder with b1/b2 visa when i enter next time to usa i hv to scan my passport or my visa? Because that officer has told me some thing about visa but i didnt understand it...
Old Jul 10, 2018, 9:43 am

Programs: Etihad Guest, JetBlue TrueBlue, Avianca LifeMiles, KLM FlyingBlue
Just got my conditional approval earlier this week as well. Had finished police verification in Sept 2017. Finally done after almost 10 months of waiting. I had a nightmarish 3 hour waiting in the middle of the night at JFK immigration literally the day before my conditional approval. Hopefully no more of that.

Last edited by AJLondon; Jul 11, 2018 at 12:16 am
Old Jul 10, 2018, 1:35 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K, Air India Maharaja Club, Lufthansa FT, Jet Airways Platinum, Hilton Gold
So I applied in Nov to the US, completed India steps in December 2017. From other's notes, I assume my clearance will come in the next couple of months.
I am on an F-1 Visa however - I was wondering if anyone else has got approval with an F-1 visa.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 3:14 am

Applied in Jan 2018 - still waiting

I applied in Jan 2018 - gave interview at local PSK. Police verification got done within a week. Waiting ever since. No change in status. Wrote to CBP. Same reply as posted by others here - waiting for clearance from the Indian gov. In between, got my B1/B2 renewed and even visited US last month. I hope it gets done before my next visit due in Sep.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 8:09 am

I applied in July 2017 and got it approved after 1 year and 2 days. It'll take some time.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by airplane7
I applied in July 2017 and got it approved after 1 year and 2 days. It'll take some time.
there are a bunch of people here who applied in november or december & they recently got approval....i have no clue how the government is going about the approvals....
Old Jul 11, 2018, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
there are a bunch of people here who applied in november or december & they recently got approval....i have no clue how the government is going about the approvals....
Our typical Indian government. Nothing is in order.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 11:27 am

I think it tooks a year b4 because government has not setup the system now it must be set so within few weeks it will get clear.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.