Reload this Page >

India joins US Global Entry programme.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 2, 2019, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Please check out the parallel thread in the Travel Safety/Security Trusted Travelers forum:

Global Entry for Citizens of India
Print Wikipost

India joins US Global Entry programme.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest, JetBlue TrueBlue, Avianca LifeMiles, KLM FlyingBlue
Really what do you guys expect? We all know that merit is barely a criteria when it comes to selection of GoI bureaucrats. When you fill up institutions with mediocre at best people for the most part we can barely be surprised at the functioning of things, or lack thereof.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 11:48 pm

Folks, I had applied in July but didnt get to goto India since then. Today I went to the PSK and got all formalities done, looks like the APO said I dont need police clearance and my online status also doesnt mention police clearance needed :

"GEP Verification Process has been initiated on your application. Once inputs from all the concerned Government Authorities are received, the Report will be shared with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP)"

Should i goto my police station?
Old Apr 13, 2018, 9:16 pm

I went to PSK to submit application on October 25 2017. Police verification completed on November 1 2017.

When I filed grievance request on February 2018, I got this reply "Sir, your application has been processed, clear police verification has been received ,reply from MHA and MOF still awaited".

I filed a repeat grievance request on April 2018 and got this reply "MOF response received on 14/03/2018"

The recent reply did not mention whether I was given clearance by MOF or not; it just stated response received. I am on a H1B visa. If MOF already gave a "response", what else am I waiting for? Should NRIs get MHA clearance too? What do you think is going on? Any ideas?
Old Apr 14, 2018, 12:55 am

Programs: Global Entry, TTP CBP,
Originally Posted by siddhuv89
I went to PSK to submit application on October 25 2017. Police verification completed on November 1 2017.

When I filed grievance request on February 2018, I got this reply "Sir, your application has been processed, clear police verification has been received ,reply from MHA and MOF still awaited".

I filed a repeat grievance request on April 2018 and got this reply "MOF response received on 14/03/2018"

The recent reply did not mention whether I was given clearance by MOF or not; it just stated response received. I am on a H1B visa. If MOF already gave a "response", what else am I waiting for? Should NRIs get MHA clearance too? What do you think is going on? Any ideas?
Honestly i do not understand or know on what order they process applications. I had police clearance done in September last week and Recently i received a response from grievance cell saying Application is sent to MHA/MOF for clearance. Your application was process much later than mine and yet you received response, twice, which is IMHO great. I guess after response from MOF, as per folks in group this alone should be enough or MHA is also awaited.
Lets see what others got to say. Also do let us know if you receive email from CBP for any progress later.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by BruceWaine
Honestly i do not understand or know on what order they process applications. I had police clearance done in September last week and Recently i received a response from grievance cell saying Application is sent to MHA/MOF for clearance. Your application was process much later than mine and yet you received response, twice, which is IMHO great. I guess after response from MOF, as per folks in group this alone should be enough or MHA is also awaited.
Lets see what others got to say. Also do let us know if you receive email from CBP for any progress later.
Sure. I'll post my updates here.

​​​​​​I think MEA is probably collating information it received from MOF and other sources by now and getting ready to either clear me or not to CBP. I am not sure how long this process will take! It's been 5.5 months since application submission and I hope I get a response soon.

On a side note, I got a speeding ticket once last year in Chicago (Was driving 19 miles/hr higher than the speed limit). It was my first speeding ticket and I did a defensive driving course to get the traffic ticket dismissed/removed. Do you guys think that'll be a problem to get my Global entry during the interview? Do people with speeding tickets can still get Global Entry?
Old Apr 14, 2018, 3:45 pm

​​​​​​I think MEA is probably collating information it received from MOF and other sources by now and getting ready to either clear me or not to CBP. I am not sure how long this process will take! It's been 5.5 months since application submission and I hope I get a response soon.

On a side note, I got a speeding ticket once last year in Chicago (Was driving 19 miles/hr higher than the speed limit). It was my first speeding ticket and I did a defensive driving course to get the traffic ticket dismissed/removed. Do you guys think that'll be a problem to get my Global entry during the interview? Do people with speeding tickets can still get Global Entry?
Once i went for my SENTRI card interview at ElPaso i was asked if i had any criminal records as such which i said NO. As far as i recollect, speeing tickets should not be a problem. They are considered as infractions rather than criminal offenses. Basically a DUI or a Speeding by killing someone/death is a criminal offense. So I would say Speeding ticket is for now all right and would not cause any problem to your Global Entry interview.
siddhuv89 likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 12:11 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
A ton of info on GE application and connected topics is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers-732/
Old Apr 16, 2018, 9:23 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting

Unless the speeding ticket somehow involved an arrest or warrant for arrest, it shouldn’t be a problem.
siddhuv89 likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 4:18 am

Where and how did you file the grievance. I've been waiting for a status update since August 2017
Old Apr 17, 2018, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by Rohitp

Where and how did you file the grievance. I've been waiting for a status update since August 2017
I applied for a grievance request at the passportindia website. It takes them 2 weeks to respond.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 11:53 pm

I applied for a grievance request at the passportindia website. It takes them 2 weeks to respond.
I am not sure how they replied within two weeks for you, but in my case they took two months, Enquired in February second week, got reply April first week. :-(
Old Apr 18, 2018, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
according to the latest info from my source in the external affairs ministry, there was a meeting that was supposed to take place with the pm in march regarding global entry but the pmo has postponed that twice so there is still no fixed date on when that meeting will take place....

this basically means its status quo for now as far as those residing in india are concerned....
Old Apr 18, 2018, 8:11 pm

Programs: Eternal Search for LT Club
````````````
BruceWaine likes this.

Last edited by rtgta; May 16, 2019 at 3:44 pm
Old Apr 18, 2018, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by Keyser
according to the latest info from my source in the external affairs ministry, there was a meeting that was supposed to take place with the pm in march regarding global entry but the pmo has postponed that twice so there is still no fixed date on when that meeting will take place....

this basically means its status quo for now as far as those residing in india are concerned....
I hope one fine day sooner , all our applications irrespective of those residing in India or not get approved.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 8:16 am

I am working on H1-B visa in US. I had done finger printing etc. at Delhi in November 2017. When I had filed a grievance I got a reply "Please meet PRO at RPO, Delhi(Bhikaji Cama Place) between 10am-1pm with address proof".

1. Do you know what documents are needed for address proof? I am assuming they need for my Delhi address. Please correct if I am wrong. Since my parents would be going as I don't reside in India. I wanted to ensure that they take all documents needed.
2. I had previously got a message "MHA clearance awaited" in January 2018. Does that mean that this is cleared now? If I submit the address proof, than I hopefully will get clearance from India?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.