Reload this Page >

India joins US Global Entry programme.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 2, 2019, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Please check out the parallel thread in the Travel Safety/Security Trusted Travelers forum:

Global Entry for Citizens of India
Print Wikipost

India joins US Global Entry programme.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2017, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by BruceWaine
I see that issue because they have a mechanism to send OTP to only US numbers, I got the OTP to my US number itself, you should keep that for login.gov. And one more observation is, everytime you attempt to login, it sends OTP to your registered US number. I guess this shouldn't be a problem as compared to no status update on any of ours applications till now :-(

Thanks,
they have a dropdown menu that lists every country so they claim to send the otp to any number, us or international....but if you use an international number then the otp doesn't go through....
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:01 am

Programs: EY
Not a fan of the PSK appointment page. First payment options time out quickly, and if you don't do it in time, you have to wait a couple of hours for it to reset in order to try to make another payment. You then choose a center and click 'Book Appointment,' but it doesn't give you any choice of dates or times, just puts you into the next available one, which could be on a weekday in the middle of the day, i.e. not necessarily practical for everyone. Also, once it automatically picks that time, you only get two times to cancel/change it (I am not sure what would happen if you needed to do more than that). Really not the best system at all.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:15 pm

I'm assuming no-one here has yet got the initial approval from government of India. Any idea how to check if the application is sent to the home ministry and finance ministry?
Has anyone completed the police verification step with a passport renewal issued from Washington DC? Mumbai RPO says they can't find my application in their system while US embassy says global entry is handled in India. So stuck between both of them and application status shows as pending review with RPO
I hope the CBP doesn't cancel the application or ask for a repayment due to delay in approval from Indian govt.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 2:39 am

Programs: Global Entry, TTP CBP,
Originally Posted by Rohitp
I'm assuming no-one here has yet got the initial approval from government of India. Any idea how to check if the application is sent to the home ministry and finance ministry?
Has anyone completed the police verification step with a passport renewal issued from Washington DC? Mumbai RPO says they can't find my application in their system while US embassy says global entry is handled in India. So stuck between both of them and application status shows as pending review with RPO
I hope the CBP doesn't cancel the application or ask for a repayment due to delay in approval from Indian govt.
CBP wont cancel the application, so do not worry. I believe we all here are waiting to see that one person tell us that his application status changed from "Pending Review" to "Schedule Appointment". There is no way to check what is the application status after Police verification to MOF/MOHM, as far as i understand.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 5:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I asked for a refund from CBP in August and am still waiting for it (applied before they updated their site on July 6). They agreed they will refund in a few weeks. Subsequent emails have resulted in canned response, every time asking for some information I've already provided many times to them in the email thread. Absolute flop show from both countries in how they have handled this.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 7:28 am

I paid the 500 Rs and found out that they put me for next available appointment, but I won't be in India till December.

:-|

Now I am guessing I will have to pay Rs 500 again because I am going to miss this appointment. What a sucky system.

Last edited by anirudh666; Oct 14, 2017 at 10:40 am
Old Oct 19, 2017, 12:44 pm

Question

I submitted my GOES application last Wednesday (10/11) but thus far, I haven't received any mail from PSK for background verification (on TTP website, status is 'Pending Review'). I tried submitting the Background Verification form online but I got this error:
"Entered GES/GOES Application ID or Date of Birth is incorrect or not available with Passport Seva System. Please note it may take up to one day for your application to reflect in Passport Seva System from date of applying in Global Online Enrollment System (GOES)."

Is there any contact info for PSK where I can ask about the GES id? Or do I need to contact CBP?

Last edited by ChatBot1; Oct 20, 2017 at 8:00 am Reason: Update
Old Nov 1, 2017, 5:47 pm

Angry Response from India Passport Office

Dear Sir/Madam, It is informed that, clear local police verification report received. Ministry of Home Affairs, New Delhi and Ministry of Finance, New Delhi have to collect reports from various agencies, the received reports should be scrutinize and compile them and have to send a clear report to this office, this process may take few months, then only this office can take further necessary action under intimation to you as early as possible. It is also informed to you that the fees paid by you is valid for 5 years.

So, it may be a "few months" before the entire verification process is complete
Old Nov 6, 2017, 8:37 pm

Has anyone been approved for an interview with the CBP yet?
Old Nov 19, 2017, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by jng123
Has anyone been approved for an interview with the CBP yet?
No movement since Jul 27
Old Nov 20, 2017, 6:49 am

My visa will most likely expire by the time my background check is done... :-|
Old Nov 20, 2017, 7:36 pm

When did you get your police verification in India completed?
Old Nov 21, 2017, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by rockies711
When did you get your police verification in India completed?
I will get it done in mid-December, visa will expire in May 2018.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 5:41 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I keep checking out this thread in hopes that someone here who has applied as a resident Indian citizen can finally report being enabled for GE use as just an ordinary Indian citizen with a non-immigrant US visa. But still no such positives report, and it really does speak to how badly rushed and poorly launched the “launch” of this “benefit” was.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I keep checking out this thread in hopes that someone here who has applied as a resident Indian citizen can finally report being enabled for GE use as just an ordinary Indian citizen with a non-immigrant US visa. But still no such positives report, and it really does speak to how badly rushed and poorly launched the “launch” of this “benefit” was.
i met my buddy from the external affairs ministry last week who gave me the info i posted in post # 108....he says they still seem to be 4-6 months away before anyone gets approved....

its just like everything this government has been doing....rushing & launching things that they are in no way ready for....
deovrat likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.