FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   India (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-478/)
-   -   Looking for Flight Booking with Point of Sale India (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india/1842768-looking-flight-booking-point-sale-india.html)

BugAlugs May 15, 2017 10:42 pm

Looking for Flight Booking with Point of Sale India

Hello all,

I am looking for a competent flight booking travel agency to book a complex itinerary that is based in India. With a point of sale of India.

I have tried mytrip and the other 'big' online providers, expedia.in looked good but it has no multi-city booking option.

I'm spending some time here and I can find some good fares for various airlines that can only be sold from a point of sale India and I struggle to find a skilled agent that can put together a customer itinerary.

Any suggestions welcome.

Keyser May 16, 2017 4:40 am

have you tried calling them????very often the agent can make a booking over the phone which you won't be able to do online yourself....

SuperFlyBoy May 16, 2017 9:57 am

Call Musafir and ask them to help you ticket.

They will not have an option for this, but choose "change ticket" option and talk to someone who will then transfer you to the booking crew. (Small team though)

(Note that they are not that aware of fare rules, etc. - so you are on your own)

Not sure if anyone here in India is that competent - it's just a fact...

BugAlugs May 16, 2017 10:15 am

Originally Posted by Keyser (Post 28317723)
have you tried calling them????very often the agent can make a booking over the phone which you won't be able to do online yourself....

I took a chat and then a phone call with them. They were unable to put the itinerary together.

BugAlugs May 16, 2017 10:15 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy (Post 28318885)
Call Musafir and ask them to help you ticket.

They will not have an option for this, but choose "change ticket" option and talk to someone who will then transfer you to the booking crew. (Small team though)

(Note that they are not that aware of fare rules, etc. - so you are on your own)

Not sure if anyone here in India is that competent - it's just a fact...

I will get this a try tomorrow, thank you

SuperFlyBoy May 16, 2017 10:42 am

Originally Posted by BugAlugs (Post 28318956)
I took a chat and then a phone call with them. They were unable to put the itinerary together.

I gave up on Indian TAs - if one has to do something complex, I use a German agent who is affliated with FT and other members here...

But he only sells POS Germany and I think some years ago working to get POS USA...

Nobody would want to ticket ex-India! :p

Even Musafir couldn't give me the detailed fare rules of one of my tickets - I had to use EF and send them to Musafir - not that they could even give a (blank)!

GUWonder May 17, 2017 2:01 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy (Post 28319087)
I gave up on Indian TAs - if one has to do something complex, I use a German agent who is affliated with FT and other members here...

But he only sells POS Germany and I think some years ago working to get POS USA...

Nobody would want to ticket ex-India! :p

Even Musafir couldn't give me the detailed fare rules of one of my tickets - I had to use EF and send them to Musafir - not that they could even give a (blank)!

It's amazing that in a country with lots of people who know how to read rules and play the rules as creatively as possible that it's become so hard to find TAs able to play this game as good as it can be (if someone decided to learn how to really play it). Given alternative Indian career options, highly-qualified TAs are harder to find and keep than snow on the roof of a Delhi bus in May.