Wiki Posts
Search

Bangalore airport - transit for the evening

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2017, 2:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze (woohoo)
Bangalore airport - transit for the evening

Could I ask a question about being in transit and how to spend the time at the airport without needing a visa?

I am arriving from Colombo on UL171 arriving at 8pm in business class. I'm then flying out the next day at 7am on BA0118, again in business. Is there a hotel/lounge to use for that period without needing another visa?
Old Feb 16, 2017, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
are you traveling on one through ticket or do you have separate tickets????
Old Feb 28, 2017, 2:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze (woohoo)
Separate ticket.... I have a feeling there's no way around it
Old Feb 28, 2017, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Etting
Separate ticket.... I have a feeling there's no way around it
technically you can do this without a visa but you will run into a few issues....

if you have checked-in luggage then you won't be able to collect that to check-in for your next flight....you can ask ba agents to help but that will depend on whether they will be available in the transit area when you land....

if you don't have checked-in luggage then you may still face a problem if ba agents are not available in the transit area to give you your boarding pass for your next flight....you won't be allowed in the departure area without this....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.