Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

What to expect at arrival in Hyderabad?

Old Feb 13, 17, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

Coming from MNL to HYD on Cathay Pacific. Wondering what to expect at that airport.
Old Feb 14, 17, 8:07 am

Programs: Star Alliance
Originally Posted by Devil View Post
Wondering what to expect at that airport.
Hm... India?
Old Feb 14, 17, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Yes, sorry should have mentioned that
Old Feb 14, 17, 10:29 am

Programs: CX Marco Polo Green (hahaha)
Coming from MNL to HYD on Cathay Pacific. Wondering what to expect at that airport.
You may want to try the India forum.
Old Feb 15, 17, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
are you looking for anything in particular????

its your average, functional airport....small duty free shops, counters for hotel & taxi bookings, small shops & restaurants when you exit the arrivals area....
Old Feb 16, 17, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
are you looking for anything in particular????

its your average, functional airport....small duty free shops, counters for hotel & taxi bookings, small shops & restaurants when you exit the arrivals area....
Yes, specifically want to know what the process is. I've heard they open all incoming passengers baggages and check so I want to pack in a way where this doesn't disrupt my arrival.
Old Feb 16, 17, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
I've heard they open all incoming passengers baggages and check so I want to pack in a way where this doesn't disrupt my arrival.
where did you hear that????i've never had my bag opened....
Old Feb 16, 17, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

A colleague went over from Canada last summer. He is an Indian citizen and he mentioned they took opened his bag and went through everything, and made him pay for some sealed electronics he took over.
Old Feb 16, 17, 4:12 pm

It has been a few years, but a much more aggressive rough elbows scramble at baggage claim.
Old Feb 16, 17, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A colleague went over from Canada last summer. He is an Indian citizen and he mentioned they took opened his bag and went through everything, and made him pay for some sealed electronics he took over.
your bags are scanned so if you are not declaring items over the duty free allowance then they can stop you & go through your bags....

your colleague probably had electronic goods that were over the duty free allowance & he was supposed to pay duty on those....if he tried to pass through the green channel without declaring them then he was probably stopped & searched....
Old Feb 17, 17, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
your bags are scanned so if you are not declaring items over the duty free allowance then they can stop you & go through your bags....

your colleague probably had electronic goods that were over the duty free allowance & he was supposed to pay duty on those....if he tried to pass through the green channel without declaring them then he was probably stopped & searched....
Great, thanks!

Search this Thread