Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

What to expect at arrival in Hyderabad?

What to expect at arrival in Hyderabad?

Old Feb 13, 17, 6:39 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 29
What to expect at arrival in Hyderabad?

Coming from MNL to HYD on Cathay Pacific. Wondering what to expect at that airport.
Devil is offline  
Old Feb 14, 17, 8:07 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Programs: Star Alliance
Posts: 4,728
Originally Posted by Devil View Post
Wondering what to expect at that airport.
Hm... India?
invisible is offline  
Old Feb 14, 17, 8:27 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 29
Yes, sorry should have mentioned that
Devil is offline  
Old Feb 14, 17, 10:29 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Portland, OR, United States
Programs: CX Marco Polo Green (hahaha)
Posts: 1,302
Originally Posted by Devil View Post
Coming from MNL to HYD on Cathay Pacific. Wondering what to expect at that airport.
You may want to try the India forum.
kevincrumbs is offline  
Old Feb 15, 17, 12:45 am
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Delhi, India
Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Posts: 26,549
are you looking for anything in particular????

its your average, functional airport....small duty free shops, counters for hotel & taxi bookings, small shops & restaurants when you exit the arrivals area....
Keyser is online now  
Old Feb 16, 17, 8:08 am
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 29
Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
are you looking for anything in particular????

its your average, functional airport....small duty free shops, counters for hotel & taxi bookings, small shops & restaurants when you exit the arrivals area....
Yes, specifically want to know what the process is. I've heard they open all incoming passengers baggages and check so I want to pack in a way where this doesn't disrupt my arrival.
Devil is offline  
Old Feb 16, 17, 8:37 am
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Delhi, India
Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Posts: 26,549
Originally Posted by Devil View Post
I've heard they open all incoming passengers baggages and check so I want to pack in a way where this doesn't disrupt my arrival.
where did you hear that????i've never had my bag opened....
Keyser is online now  
Old Feb 16, 17, 3:46 pm
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 29
A colleague went over from Canada last summer. He is an Indian citizen and he mentioned they took opened his bag and went through everything, and made him pay for some sealed electronics he took over.
Devil is offline  
Old Feb 16, 17, 4:12 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,985
It has been a few years, but a much more aggressive rough elbows scramble at baggage claim.
Tizzette is offline  
Old Feb 16, 17, 10:51 pm
  #10  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Delhi, India
Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Posts: 26,549
Originally Posted by Devil View Post
A colleague went over from Canada last summer. He is an Indian citizen and he mentioned they took opened his bag and went through everything, and made him pay for some sealed electronics he took over.
your bags are scanned so if you are not declaring items over the duty free allowance then they can stop you & go through your bags....

your colleague probably had electronic goods that were over the duty free allowance & he was supposed to pay duty on those....if he tried to pass through the green channel without declaring them then he was probably stopped & searched....
Keyser is online now  
Old Feb 17, 17, 11:04 am
  #11  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 29
Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
your bags are scanned so if you are not declaring items over the duty free allowance then they can stop you & go through your bags....

your colleague probably had electronic goods that were over the duty free allowance & he was supposed to pay duty on those....if he tried to pass through the green channel without declaring them then he was probably stopped & searched....
Great, thanks!
Devil is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread