Wiki Posts
Search

Is there a fast track at Delhi airport?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2016, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Altitude 75K, LT Marriott Platinum
Is there a fast track at Delhi airport?

Apologies if this question has been asked previously but I did a google search and I was unsuccessful. My boss will travel to New Delhi in January 2017, most likely on Air Canada and I was wondering, if the Delhi International Airport has a fast track for business class passengers? From my quick research, I would like to say that it doesn't exist, but if my ASSumption is inaccurate, my credibility will be in jeopardy at work. Thanks in advance for your help.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 11:05 am

Yes, there are dedicated J/F immigration counters and dedicated security lines after you clear immigration. There are signs for them.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 11:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
As this is more a destination than airline question it's been relocated to the India forum for further discussion.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator
Old Dec 8, 2016, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Thanks yulred - greatly appreciated.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 11:30 am

Yes - But they are not always faster - especially if it is quiet. A visual check from atop the escalator will tel you.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Great practical advice erick123. Will inform my boss accordingly.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 3:29 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100 IHG Plat Amb Nexus
On my last trip to DEL there were no landing forms at the priority J immigration counters or the next regular ones, there are counters and cubbyholes to hold forms in front of the immigration desks. six or 8 of these counters were out of forms. This meant that all passengers walked down past about six or eight open fully staffed immigration desks finally found forms and then lined up at another four desks. Meanwhile all of the other immigration officers watched. I mentioned it (by then a line had formed at J desk) and got a head wobble....
Old Dec 9, 2016, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by qrctraveller68
From my quick research, I would like to say that it doesn't exist, but if my ASSumption is inaccurate, my credibility will be in jeopardy at work. Thanks in advance for your help.
business class passengers have a separate line which is usually much quicker....

there is a thread on a similar topic that already exists here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india...rvice-del.html
Old Dec 11, 2016, 5:37 am
Original Poster

Keyser: I had sent an online enquiry form to another Meet and Greet company earlier this week, but no response. Thanks to your thread, this company informs you immediately of their various services and price.

Folkart:Just curious to learn if business class passengers receive "Fast Track" cards from the airline?

Thanks to you both for assisting me.

Last edited by qrctraveller; Dec 11, 2016 at 5:52 am Reason: Additional questions
Old Dec 12, 2016, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by qrctraveller68
Folkart:Just curious to learn if business class passengers receive "Fast Track" cards from the airline?
no cards required....just show your boarding pass at immigration....
Old Dec 13, 2016, 12:23 am

@qctraveller68,

Would you be kind enough to post experience after it is utilized?
BTW, which one of the two mentioned, you ended up using?
(huge difference in price between the two)
Old Dec 22, 2017, 9:40 pm

Programs: Qantas FF Platinum, VA Velocity
On a related topic, is there a fast track going the other way, i.e. express check-in plus fast track security/immigration for J passengers?

Last edited by glazfolk; Dec 22, 2017 at 10:12 pm
Old Dec 22, 2017, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by glazfolk
On a related topic, is there a fast track going the other way, i.e. express check-in plus fast track security/immigration for J passengers?
yes there is....each airline has a separate check-in counter for elite & premium passengers....

at immigration there are a couple of counters just for business & first passengers....they are located somewhere in the middle of the immigration hall & are clearly marked....

once you pass that head over to the first security check point on the left....a security personnel will check your boarding pass & let you access the business/first line for security....
Old Dec 22, 2017, 11:14 pm

Programs: Qantas FF Platinum, VA Velocity
Thanks!
Old Dec 24, 2017, 10:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Keyser
yes there is....each airline has a separate check-in counter for elite & premium passengers....

at immigration there are a couple of counters just for business & first passengers....they are located somewhere in the middle of the immigration hall & are clearly marked....

once you pass that head over to the first security check point on the left....a security personnel will check your boarding pass & let you access the business/first line for security....
it used to be the case. But I believe this has changed.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/61282774.cms

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.