Community
Wiki Posts
Search

12 hours in Delhi - suggestions pls

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2016, 10:52 pm
Original Poster

12 hours in Delhi - suggestions pls

Hi. I am doing 2 weeks in India, and on my return home, I will fly from Bhopal to Delhi in the morning before catching my flight back home to Canada. The flight from Bhopal to Delhi, and the flight from Delhi to Canada are 2 separate flights.

I arrive in Delhi around 11:30a.m., and fly home around 11:45pm.

I'm looking for suggestions on what to do during this time. I figure that I will be ready to depart the airport by 12:00 noon and will have to head back to DEL airport by around 8pm, so that gives me a good 8 solid hours.

Since I will have visited many of the sites of Delhi on my arrival 2 weeks earlier, I'm looking to do shopping. I'm mostly interested in souvenirs for the family as well as buying international brands if they are at a discount compared to North American prices.

Any tips would be appreciated. Where to shop, eat, cool things to visit, mode of transportation, etc. All input very much appreciated.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by ranman1973
I'm mostly interested in souvenirs for the family as well as buying international brands if they are at a discount compared to North American prices.
for souvenirs i would suggest either dilli haat or janpath....

brands are much more expensive here....its better to buy them in north america....
Old Oct 13, 2016, 12:00 pm

Khan market has the best shopping with original high-end Indian stuff. Fabrics, home decor, jewelry, etc. Also some good restaurants. Easy to combine with the restaurant at Lodhi gardens which is great for lunch or a quick drink at the Taj.

Also fun would be Kingdom of Dreams in Gurgaon. Have never been but believe they sell trinkets there as well and you could possibly catch a show before returning to the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.