Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Flying KUL-DEL-Amritsar

Flying KUL-DEL-Amritsar

Old Aug 16, 16, 5:01 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Flying KUL-DEL-Amritsar

Hi,

Do any hotels near New Delhi International Airport offer free hotel shuttle services to hotels nearby from the airport?

And I assume domestic flights leave from a different terminal?

Is there a weight restriction on the weight/size/number of bags we can bring on domestic flights from Delhi to Amritsar as well as lap tops?

And what is a reliable/comfortable airline to fly for that route? AI? Indigo?

Thanks
Old Aug 16, 16, 5:21 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
HI Express is in the terminal itself. If you leave not you'll need a copy of your itinerary to get back in the terminal.

Spicejet and Indigo are the only airlines not in T3, so may influence your decision.
Old Aug 17, 16, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by wolf72 View Post
Hi,

Do any hotels near New Delhi International Airport offer free hotel shuttle services to hotels nearby from the airport?
the holiday inn express at the terminal itself would be a good bet or the holiday inn that is 5 minutes from the airport also offers a free shuttle if you book the room with the hotel or the ihg site directly....

And I assume domestic flights leave from a different terminal?
the full service carriers leave from the same terminal as the international flights....the low cost carriers leave from another terminal....

Is there a weight restriction on the weight/size/number of bags we can bring on domestic flights from Delhi to Amritsar as well as lap tops?
different airlines have different allowances....

And what is a reliable/comfortable airline to fly for that route? AI? Indigo?

Thanks
for such a short flight i would just pick whatever is cheapest....
Old Aug 17, 16, 3:47 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks for the feedback guys. Appreciate all the help and advice.
Old Aug 17, 16, 6:11 am

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Silver
Thanks for the feedback guys. Appreciate all the help and advice.
I just flew Indigo, Jet, Spicejet, and Vistara on my recent trip. Vistara was best, closely followed by Indigo and Spicejet. All were just great! I had a problem with Jet as it was the only airline that weighed my carryon and made me check it or upgrade for $100 for a one hour flight. It seemed like a tactic to compel paid upgrades.
Old Aug 17, 16, 10:07 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by blueline7 View Post
I just flew Indigo, Jet, Spicejet, and Vistara on my recent trip. Vistara was best, closely followed by Indigo and Spicejet. All were just great! I had a problem with Jet as it was the only airline that weighed my carryon and made me check it or upgrade for $100 for a one hour flight. It seemed like a tactic to compel paid upgrades.
Will go with Vistara I think then
Old Aug 17, 16, 4:17 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Silver
Will go with Vistara I think then
Indeed. However Spicejet and Indigo were nearly as good so if the timing works out better with either of the latter, go with them.

All of these domestic Indian carriers managed to have a full meal and coffee/tea service even in a one hour flight. And the meals were all excellent. The young crew on Vistara, Indigo, and Spicejet were all delightful. On Jet it was not as friendly and happy of a crew.
Old Aug 17, 16, 10:58 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by blueline7 View Post
Indeed. However Spicejet and Indigo were nearly as good so if the timing works out better with either of the latter, go with them.

All of these domestic Indian carriers managed to have a full meal and coffee/tea service even in a one hour flight. And the meals were all excellent. The young crew on Vistara, Indigo, and Spicejet were all delightful. On Jet it was not as friendly and happy of a crew.
Excellent..will give them a go then I like happy crews because you want a comfortable, stress free flight and not end up at the destination upset or stressed

Search this Thread