Another itinerary input

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another itinerary input

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2016, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Another itinerary input

Hi;

For my second trip to India, I am thinking of the following

Mumbai - 3 nights including the night I arrive at 3AM from LAX via AUH, so two real nights plus a place to crash in the wee hours
Goa - 3 nights
Jaipur - 3 nights
Agra - 3 nights
Kharujao - 2 nights
Delhi - 2 nights including a 4:10 AM flight one of the nights.

Questions are
1) I'm leaning towards Khajurao over Varanasi. Is that the right call? (Clearly different attractions but is the tourist experience in one much better than the other).

2) I have no desire to return to Delhi proper, but I'm concerned that it's risky to fly into Delhi on Jet on the single daily flight from Khajurao the day before I have to leave at 4:10 AM. If there is a mechanical issue on the plane, I might miss my flight home. Is that a fair assessment?

3) If I decide one night in Delhi is not a risk, should I stay a third night in Kharujao or can I see Varanasi in one night?

My last trip I was at Jodhpur, Udaipur, Kolchi, Agra, Delhi and Mumbai.

We prefer 3 night stays where possible so we don't come home more tired when we left. True for traveling in Europe, even more true in India with the domestic travel being hard.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by beachfan; Mar 5, 2016 at 12:10 am
Old Mar 4, 2016, 11:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by beachfan
1) I'm leaning towards Kharujao over Varanasi. Is that the right call? (Clearly different attractions but is the tourist experience in one much better than the other).
i would have also picked khajuraho over varanasi....

2) I have no desire to return to Delhi proper, but I'm concerned that it's risky to fly into Delhi on Jet on the single daily flight from Khajurao the day before I have to leave at 4:10 AM. If there is a mechanical issue on the plane, I might miss my flight home. Is that a fair assessment?
ideally it should not be a problem however if you prefer to be extra cautious then perhaps it is better to fly into delhi a day earlier....

3) If I decide one night in Delhi is not a risk, should I stay a third night in Kharujao or can I see Varanasi in one night?
you can but it would be hectic....
Old Mar 5, 2016, 12:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I'm now working on a variant, starting in Goa, then Mumbai (i.e., just push on through and include the flight on my international ticket), and then rearranging the rest so I leave from Jaipur.

Then there are frequent flights or I can get a driver worse come to worse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.