Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Water situation Delhi

Water situation Delhi

Old Feb 22, 16, 6:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze
Water situation Delhi

Is anyone currently in Delhi who is able to shed light on the water situation? News outlets say there is "severe disruption" and "rationing", but it's not clear whether this is referring to drinking water or water for more general use, showering etc. I'm heading to Delhi in a couple of days and am wondering to what extent this will affect me, or whether I need to consider a change of plan. Doing without a shower would be unpleasant but bearable, but if drinking water is in short supply I might need to reconsider.
Old Feb 22, 16, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
the situation seems to be fine....the media is making it out to be a bigger situation than it is....my area has not been affected & neither has the area of anyone else i know....
Old Feb 23, 16, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
the situation seems to be fine....the media is making it out to be a bigger situation than it is....my area has not been affected & neither has the area of anyone else i know....
Thanks. I also contacted my hotel and they said they have "showers 24/7" though I wasn't sure if that was a general statement or specific to this situation. I did notice the media coverage was somewhat vague about all this.
Old Feb 24, 16, 12:59 am

Situation is normal for sure. I stay in Delhi and no issue whatsoever
Old Feb 25, 16, 12:29 am

Thanks, Siddarth, for the update. I was afraid I was going to be stinky for my entire Delhi trip but the hotel assures me there's no problem.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: