Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 27, 2020, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ExpatSomchai
FOREIGN PASSPORT "TIME TO EXPIRY" REQUIREMENT from Indian Govt:

If you already have a visa valid through your stay or have valid OCI then
- your passport should be valid through your departure date form India

(Since most of the other countries are lot more strigent, you may run into issues at the foreign origination or stopover airport. Be prepared to carry proof of the above rule)

If you need NEW visa or OCI then your foreign passport needs to have
a) minimum 6 months to expiry
b) two blank pages

NOTE: If you have stopover or layover where you have to collect bags and check-in again (rules of that stopover country will come into factor)
If you are connecting to a partner airline, have printouts (not screenshot on smartphone) of your entire ticket and preferably boarding pass in your hand if you are connecting in a country that has more stringent requirements.
Print Wikipost

Issues with Travel to India with less than 6 Months on Passport

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2023, 9:05 pm

Does e-Visa needs 6 months passport validity?

Hello all, I am travelling to India with my 11 yr old son. I hold Indian passport and my son holds US passport. My Son's US passport will expire in 170 days from the day of entry to India so he will have around 10 days short of 180 days requirement. He has 5 yr granted e-visa. Has anyone travelled with such situation advise and share their experience. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by GENUINERESPONSE; May 21, 2023 at 9:29 pm Reason: Adding Title

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.