Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

DEL DOM-INTL different airlines, how to minimize transfer time ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2015, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

I know there is a huge thread and i've read about all of it. My problem is i have different airlines involved here is my situation.

I am flying into DEL at 9:20pm tonight via Air india from PNQ. I am flying out of DEL around midnight via KLM to AMS.

KMS site will not let me print a boarding pass it only gives me a confirmation page that i have to take to airport to get boarding pass. This means I can't use the pass through from domestic to international yes? I also can't check my bags through from Air India to KLM correct?
Old Nov 4, 2015, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
is it one through ticket or different pnrs????
Old Nov 4, 2015, 12:20 am
Original Poster

Different PNR, the Air India trip was booked seperately.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
then you will have to pick up your bags in del....you will also get your bp in del as you have to go through immigration here....

the transfer is pretty easy & you have enough time to get this done....
Old Nov 4, 2015, 1:15 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
If you have handluggage only you could have picked up the BP at a desk just before the baggage belt and walked to a separate immigration desk there. AI will not check your bags thru on separate tickets, so you have to pick your bags (takes 30min from wheels down), take an elevator up, check it with KLM and get your BP there and then go thru immigration and security. Doen't take long. If you see lines show print outs (that you should have, helps a lot everywhere) and plead your case to be let ahead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.