Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 28, 2014, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
E-Visa / ETA and 30 Day Single Entry Visa on Arrival in India

India new Visa On Arrival
(Actually advance online e-Tourist Visa with actual visa issued on arrival)
https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/tvoa.html

The Indian e-Tourist Visa is available for holders of passports of following countries and territories:
Albania, Andorra, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Island, Chile, China, China (Hong Kong SAR), China (Macau SAR), Colombia, Comoros, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cote d'lvoire, Croatia, Cuba, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, East Timor, Ecuador, El Salvador, Eritrea, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Kiribati, Laos, Latvia, Lesotho, Liberia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niue Island, Norway, Oman, Palau, Palestine, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Korea, Republic of Macedonia, Romania, Russia, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, UAE, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Uruguay, USA, Vanuatu, Vatican City-Holy See, Venezuela, Vietnam, Zambia, Zimbabwe

Eligibility
Citizens of the above-listed countries using ordinary passports from such countries when the sole objective of visiting India is one or more of the following: recreation (of most but not all sorts); sight seeing (in most of India); casual visit to meet friends or relatives (in most of India); short duration medical treatment; or casual visits for most (but not all) business purposes.

The passport should have at least six months' validity on the date of arrival.

International Travellers should have return ticket or onward journey ticket,with sufficient money to spend during his/her stay in India.

The visa is valid for a single entry for a stay of 30 days (from the date of entry) and cannot be extended.

Be sure to fill out your information very accurately! If there's anything off, you may be required to board the next flight out operated by your airline of entry.

Travellers having Pakistani Passport or Pakistani origin may please apply for regular Visa at Indian Mission.

Not available to Diplomatic/Official Passport Holders.

E-TOURIST VISA APPLICATION PROCESS
Step 1
Apply online
Upload Photo and Passport Page

Step 2
Pay visa fee online
Using Credit / Debit card

Step 3
Receive ETA Online
ETA Will be sent to your e-mail

Step 4
Print ETA and carry it for and on the flight to India so you can present it on arrival at the immigration desks.

This being India, it is the real experience on arrival that is critical, especially since this is a brand new operation.

We need datapoints for
- How long it took you to get through immigration?
- Any issues (human, bureaucratic or technological?)

Wikipost instructions: signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost to update; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Print Wikipost

Evisa & Visa on arrival for India

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2016, 12:48 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Look at the instructions:

Instructions for e-Tourist Visa
  • Applicants of the eligible countries/territories may apply online minimum 4 days in advance of the date of arrival with a window of 30 days. Example : If you are applying on 1st Sept then applicant can select arrival date from 5th Sept to 4th Oct.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 1:38 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The 4 days in advance requirement for an evisa may be longer than it would take to get a physical Indian visa from an Indian consulate/embassy and arrive in India.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 11:20 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
That doesn't answer my question. You have to select an expected arrival date on the form. What happens if you arrive a day earlier or day later (adsuming still within the window mentioned in the instructions,
Old Nov 21, 2016, 6:27 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You can travel to India the moment you get approval. The date initially mentioned in the application doesn't matter.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
You can travel to India the moment you get approval. The date initially mentioned in the application doesn't matter.
Great, thanks!
Old Dec 3, 2016, 12:59 pm

Hi;

I'm stuck in the evisa online application. I got my temporary ID, when I hit save and continue, nothing happen. I then try to go back to the "complete partially filled out application" and while the temporary ID is picked up, it didn't save any of my passport information.

I tried both Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge. I did it at 11am Pacific time, (close to Saturday midnight in India). Can anyone help?

Now, when I try save and continue, it just blanks out the information I entered. The help desk in India just disconnects.

ETA - I figured it out. If you list your religion as other, there is another box to fill out.

Last edited by beachfan; Dec 4, 2016 at 12:28 am
Old Dec 5, 2016, 4:08 pm

Did the e-visa twice. Both times entered after midnight and the agent wrote a date 28 days later. Why??? At least give me 30 days from the previous day. All I can say is make sure you check the date before you leave the visa booth.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 1:42 pm

Can I apply for a new e-visa the day my e-visa is going to expire? Or apply once I have passed exited passport control?
Old Jan 8, 2017, 1:31 pm

If I apply for the e-visa and select a port of entry; can I use a different port of entry provided I have the printed confirmation?
Old Jan 11, 2017, 1:05 am

ETA processing emails

Recently processed ETA for my infant daughter. Received confirmation email within 12 hrs (below email extracts).
Note they want you to carry the ETA however didn't indicate if a printout or electronic copy is good. We took a color printout to be on safer side (easier to show to gate agents and immigration officers). For infant no finger printing was done.

I also received a total of 11 email notifications after Granted status (guess system glitch/issue). Overall very happy for not making us visit consulate with our baby. Kudos Indian government ^

Granted email notification text (used 21/12/2016 as travel date, applied 15/12/2016 > 4 days from travel date) ---->
Application ID :- xxxx
Passport No :- PPPPPP
Application Status :- Granted
Visa No :- yyyy
Nationality :- UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
You can arrive in India between 15/12/2016 to 18/01/2017. (Date format is dd/mm/yyyy).

Visa is valid for 30 days from the date of arrival in India

For any assistance contact eTV support center at [email protected].

For Tele enquiries(IVRS enquiry) call at +91-11-24300666.Please use 001NNNNNNNN as key

Note:
- Please carry a copy of this e-Tourist Visa (eTV) at the time of Travel.
- e-Tourist Visa (eTV) once issued on arrival is Only Single Entry, non-extendable , non-convertible & not valid for visiting Protected/Restricted and Cantonment Areas.
- Biometric details of the applicant will be mandatorily captured at Immigration on arrival in India.

-Applicant must arrive with the same passport as mentioned above.

-Applicant can arrive at 16 e-TV designated airports only i.e. Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bengaluru, Chennai, Cochin, Delhi, Gaya, Goa, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Tiruchappali (Trichy),Trivandrum and Varanasi. However, he/she can depart from any of the authorized Immigration Check Posts in India.

-e-Tourist Visa is not allowed for employment, journalism and conference purposes.

-Once you have entered India, you will be subject to Indian Laws.

-This electronic travel authorization does not entitle you for guaranteed entry into India. Your entry can still be refused at the time of arrival.

-Please confirm that your ETA status is shown as GRANTED on our official website (https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/tvoa.html) prior to commencement of your journey

- Passport should have at least six months validity from the date of arrival in India.
-----------

---------- confirmation after initial submission

Dear name,

Thank you for applying for e-Tourist Visa (eTV). We appreciate your interest in visiting India.

Your Application has been successfully received with the following details.

Application ID :- xxx
Passport No :- ppppp
Note: Application will take 72 hours for processing
and a response would be sent to the email provided in the visa application.

For any assistance contact e-Tourist Visa (eTV) support center at [email protected]
and for Tele Enquiries (IVRS enquiry) call at +91-11-24300666. Please use 001NNNNNNNN as key.

eTV fee once submitted is non refundable as the fee is for processing of the application and is not dependent on either Grant or Rejection of VISA.
You can check Visa Status or Print eTV by clicking 'Visa Status' on https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/tvoa.html
--------
Old Jan 11, 2017, 1:27 am

Fees

Originally Posted by flo-e
Applied last night and had the approved e-visa in my mailbox this morning around 12 hours later. ~49 USD.
I paid 60 USD in Dec 2016, so did they raise the prices. Can't complain compared to US charging 160 USD and yet denying tourist visas.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 8:53 am

No, evisa fees vary by nationality.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 9:55 pm

ETA fees

Originally Posted by 889
No, evisa fees vary by nationality.
So Indians (NRI) in US pay 60 and US citizen/other nationals residing in US pay 49
thought it would be other way round (note foo-e post indicated USD currency so assuming he/she is residing in US). I am guessing fees might have been increased from 49 to 60 rather than having different fees for nationality within a country.
(Of course each country will have a different fee e.g. UK citizens might pay a different amount - this is different from above where I assumed foo-e applied from US, like me)
Old Jan 12, 2017, 1:07 am

No, the fees are set in USD for everyone. Americans pay $60 (plus bank charges).

https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/eTV_revised_fee_final.pdf
Old Jan 12, 2017, 12:26 pm
PNW

VoA DEL

Anyone with experience doing the visa on arrival in DEL? What was your wait time? Any other issues? We arrive Tuesday at 9pm local time and are sitting near the front of the plane.

Would have gotten 10-year visa but we leave in 10 days so do not want to risk sending my passport in and not getting it back in time.

Last edited by PNW; Jan 12, 2017 at 12:35 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.