Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

YOUR India visa application experience with CKGS @USA

YOUR India visa application experience with CKGS @USA

Old Jun 2, 2014, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
cox & kings definitely have a better image than the other 2 previous companies....hopefully they can make the process easier & quicker....

They don't have any better image. I went to their office in San francisco and the doors were closed for me and for everyone who was standing there I saw a lady with her three kids and she was crying like anything to enter the CKGS premise but there was no service from them. Until you have the ability to pay to the security you won't make it to their office. The situation is very critical and thousands of travelers like me are standing nowhere in the visa service process. I guess we Americans should choose some other place for tourism because the Indian authorities don't neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed us anyhow.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by samuelking002
They don't have any better image. I went to their office in San francisco and the doors were closed for me and for everyone who was standing there I saw a lady with her three kids and she was crying like anything to enter the CKGS premise but there was no service from them. Until you have the ability to pay to the security you won't make it to their office. The situation is very critical and thousands of travelers like me are standing nowhere in the visa service process. I guess we Americans should choose some other place for tourism because the Indian authorities don't neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed us anyhow.
if this is the way they are handling things then its very unfortunate but compared to the previous 2 companies, they definitely have a better image....i think they will get their act together....i just hope its sooner rather than later....
Old Jun 2, 2014, 4:20 am

Angry My visa application

Hi All

I have submitted my visa application on 22 MAy 2012 at the New York office of CKGS but my application is still not processed, they said that it will take only 3 to 5 working days but still the application is under process without any update. The consulate in new york says that my application hasn't been received yet, this is completely illegal to hold the application without any reason. I don't even know if it has been touched or not. I am seeking legal advise on this, noone answers the call. The email id mentioned on website is of no use as I've not received a reply in last 9 days.

It is really a poor start and not to forget a terrible experience with the new company.

Just forgot to add, I had to wait for about 2.5 hours for my appointment at the centre which in itself is a disgrace.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 4:29 am

No Keyser, it's not at all better. Even I though that this new service provider will improve the situation which we had to face earlier but again the situation is same and that to there no way of communication with them. emails are not being replied and the call centre number always goes to voice mail which is always full.

SO we're kind of stuck in the situation.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 6:14 am

Thumbs down Pathetic experience

An early good morning to all, just saw this blog while searching for the visa application tracker. I have also submitted my application with bls and now there is no update in regards to where my application is. I havve been trying to contact the ckgs the new service provider, but there is no update with them, as they don't take calls and when i try to approach the centre, all gates are locked from inside with policemen guarding them. I am so stressed that it's hampering my health and its just for a small visa to India, If India doesn't wants tourism from USA then why do they appoint these stupid companies as service provider which has no clue of what services means.

I demand to the Embassy of India that they should get a organised company that can handle the pressure here without silly excuses. CKGS thought that this would be a piece of cake already microwaved for them so that they can enjoy it with a silver spoon.

Please change this useless company and get us someone more competitive.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
How come all of the sudden all the single post posters?
Old Jun 2, 2014, 12:49 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Yahillwe
How come all of the sudden all the single post posters?
Wonders of SEO. Search friendly thread name plus start date plus service issue is a gold mine.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 2:47 pm

Hi,

Mine is also the same situation. Submitted on May 23 rd. Still showing in process. I tried to contact NY Consulate. But No luck. How did you contact NY Consualte?

Did the status get updated and got the email once they submitted to Consulate?

Is 'In process' means the application still with Ckgs office?

Thanks
Old Jun 3, 2014, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
rickyjacob97,
lax2010 neither supports nor endorses CKGS. Lax2010 feels awful for all you all have been through. While it will be great to see Taj Mahal in person, lax2010 is about to cancel two C tickets to DEL based on all the negative feedbacks on this forum/thread! Still holding on and hoping for VOA by the end of the year but Lax2010 doubts that it will happen.

Good luck to you and all the others!

Originally Posted by rickyjacob97
I am not sure but it looks like lax2010 is a great supporter of CKGS and can't hear a single word against them. He has all the news related to them even their notices WOW. Whom are you trying to fool, let me bring you down to the reality. Please visit the office of CKGS (if you can because the security won't let you in) I paid $15 to a security personnel to make an entry. The place is a complete mess and things are so disorganized that if the passport is lost there there must be no big surprise. No tracking of whose documents are accepted.

All they can say is that and I quote "We can't accept your application" as we don't have your details.

Bls don't exist now, embassy says talk to CKGS and CKGS don't take any interest in our application. I saw someone asking how CKGS tracking works.

I must inform you that it doesn't work at all. They have not updated any application detail received from bls. The application details of my daughters are not showing anywhere on their website. And even when I visited the centre (please note after paying $15) the person hat counter number 3 tells me that there is no application for your daughter. Trust me I've submitted it and was able to track it last at bls website.

I think the embassy should intervene in this matter.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 8:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
All we can say is hopefully the situation gets better in a few weeks/months
Old Jun 4, 2014, 7:22 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Thumbs down

Data point:
I submitted a visa transfer to BLS on April 22. It was finally submitted to the consulate on May 12. I also paid for FedEx return shipping. At this point, I have no passport, no visa, and the C&K tracking site shows "No record found."

I emailed C&K with copies of all the information I had, and got this reply:

Dear Mr xxxx

Thank you for contacting Cox and Kings Global Services via email.

With reference to your email, we apolozise for the details. However we have not received full handover from BLS. Once we receive the database, we will be in a position to help you and provide you further details of your application. Request yout o provide us some time for the same.

For any further question, you can call us on toll free number 1-866-978-0055 / 1-866-316-5244

We appreciate your time and patience.
Looks like I should get used to not having a passport for a while.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 1:00 am

Angry CKGS New Indian Visa Service Provider

I am a journalist in India and my mother-in-law applied for a visa in CKGS, New York. She could not get an appointment and she has been waiting for 6 hours at the Visa center and later was refused as they did not have manpower to handle the appointments.

CKGS people did not have the heart to apologize to the old lady of 66 years as she had to go through so much physical and mental pain and stress. She refused to apply now. She has to visit her sisters last breath who is in Coma which got literally messed up because these incompetent people at CKGS.

I had to knock the doors of the ministry and MEA to get a legitimate solution.

If anyone of you are fed up with CKGS and need relief and immediate response to your problems, You can write to the below people with your complaints for immediate action on CKGS who have literally spoiled the image of our country in USA by making Indians suffer, not knowing at what age people are waiting and how they are misleading information is given with ill-treatment at their new center where the applicant have no other option to wait endlessly.

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

It is pathetic and painful to pay $18 to CKGS for NO SERVICE than $4.00 to the previous service provider.

I am an unhappy and frustrated applicant with no hopes on CKGS to find solution to our genuine concerns.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
So what have been reported thus far on this thread were all related to the BLS transition issues. Just wondering if there is any brave person out there tried to submit a new visa application to CKGS and how that went?
Old Jun 6, 2014, 1:12 pm

Submitted new application to CKGS

Hi All,

I was one of those lucky people who managed to get their passport back from BLS just before it closed down (forgetting to fill out the "particulars form" turned out to be a miracle). I resubmitted my documents for an employment visa to CKGS on 5/22. I should have never sent it back....

Unfortunately, it looks like CKGS might be as bad or worse than BLS as my passport has now dropped off the map. There is no tracking info and email/ phone goes to a black hole of silence. The indian government needs to get involved with the situation at this point.

I suppose that this debacle will probably be resolved in a few months, but I do *did* need a visa for my job. I've now cancelled my trip and am expecting never to see that passport again. If I don't hear anything in the next two weeks, I'm going to cancel it and get a new passport. Probably, I will need to do a plan "B" job in another country.

Could CKGS be the same company under a new name ... I wonder...

Last edited by kekais; Jun 6, 2014 at 1:19 pm Reason: spelling...
Old Jun 6, 2014, 6:18 pm

There IS a travel arrangement company Cox and Kings that seems to have a good reputation, especially for arranging travel in Asia. I wonder if it is the same company that the Indian Government contracted with for visa processing. So far, their performance for visa processing seems less than satisfactory from postings on this forum. But then again, who knows what mess BLS left them with?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.