Wiki Posts
Search

YOUR India visa application experience with CKGS @USA

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2014, 2:34 am

Yes you can travel on this visa till the date it's valid
Old Oct 22, 2014, 3:41 pm

Programs: cruise critic
Hello, i am new to this site and came across it when googling india visa and cox and kings.

Being armed with information I completed our visa applications and sent them to Cox and
Kings in Atlanta. I was so concerned about the issues that have been posted by others and had expected a bad experience.

I am so pleased with my experience from them. They received our application on the 14th of October. At 4:30 today both of our passports arrived via FedEx for ten years. I never expected an 8 day turnaround..

wishing everyone else such luck and service.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 8:35 am

My passport is misplaced by CKGS.

Hi everyone,

I was never in favor of using present address, since I didn't have any utility bill showing this address on my name. The CKGS customer care suggested us to use the utility bill under husbands name and attach a letter stating I don't have utility bill under my name, so the utility bill under husbands name can be used for present address since we live at same place. When this application was submitted at embassy walk-in submission, the CKGS employee rejected this husbands utility bill present address, saying you can attach present address what's listed under STATE ID since utility bill isn't there under my (Name) name and husbands utility bill address can't be used under present address, they clearly rejected CKGS customer care suggestion saying they don't know it. It was clearly mentioned to the CKGS employee at embassy, the present address is outdated. The CKGS employee assured us documents will be delivered at postal address. 2 CKGS employees at NY embassy assured and confirm me my mailing address is-

ABC,
XYZ-XXXXX

Despite these all facts and mailing address confirmation at embassy walk-in-submission, the documents were still mailed at following address-

State Id Proof

I have sent them an email and called them so many times but they are not giving any proper response. My mother is sick I wanted to go to see her in India.
I would be very grateful if one of you could answer this or point me in the right direction!
Thanks
Old Nov 1, 2014, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA Ex Platinum, AA million miler, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver
India VISA Sent to CKGS in San Francisco on Oct. 17 - Traveling on Nov. 19

Here is my situation and timeline:

October 15: Bought the great Emirates Deal $342 RT - LAX - DEL
October 17: Called CKGS - Asked about timeline for VISA application. Told that it would take 3 - 5 business days from when CKGS received my application and should be not problem.
October 20: Sent VISA application to CKGS in San Francisco
October 20: CKGS Received my FEDEX
October 26: CKGS website states they are processing application
October 30: I called CKGS. Representative states application was forwarded to consulate on October 29 and it would take 3 - 5 business days.
October 31: States on CKGS website that application was forwarded to consulate.

My travel date is November 19. I am nervous about receiving my VISA and passport in time. Any suggestions? I plan to call CVGS everyday starting on Monday to inquire. Is there anything that I can do at this point to be sure I have my VISA in time? I have even had thoughts about flying up to SFO.

Thank you.

David
Old Nov 1, 2014, 12:30 pm
bfr

Should be fine

We had the same concerns. If they accepted and processed your app, you should be fine. It means your app was complete.
We panicked after reading horror stories about the company that previously held the contract for processing visas to India and decided to do an expedited walk in, SFO CKGS.
We had our passports back with visa within a week. Barring a major holiday, I think the consulate acts pretty quickly, once it is in their hands.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by bfr
We had the same concerns. If they accepted and processed your app, you should be fine. It means your app was complete.
We panicked after reading horror stories about the company that previously held the contract for processing visas to India and decided to do an expedited walk in, SFO CKGS.
We had our passports back with visa within a week. Barring a major holiday, I think the consulate acts pretty quickly, once it is in their hands.
Great. Thank you BFR. I plan to call them on Monday in any case.

David
Old Nov 3, 2014, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by go4bal
Great. Thank you BFR. I plan to call them on Monday in any case.

David

Today on the phone I was told that was VISA was submitted to the embassy on October 31. He had no explanation why the person last Thursday said it was submitted on October 29. He said that "hopefully" I would receive my VISA in time. Sounds encouraging.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 12:55 pm

Programs: Everyone!
This process is so confusing (and I have many visas). On the CKGS "order form" they will charge you $15 to apply for return of documents via FEDEX courier service. Is this different than purchasing their online courier service, which also appears to be $15 each way?

Do I not need to pay the additional $15 on the order form if I do the online courier service in both directions?

Ugh!
Old Nov 8, 2014, 2:57 pm

Has anyone had experience with a transit visa? I'm planning a trip to Hong Kong and found a good deal on a NYC-DEL departure with a HKG-NYC return. I would book a separate flight from DEL-HKG and stay two nights in DEL. Transit visas must be used within 15 days of issuance. The CKGS site also advises not to book your airfare until you have the visa. I do not want to wait that long to book since I'm sure prices will rise. Do I really need to wait for the visa before booking?
Old Nov 8, 2014, 7:17 pm

Well, they won't check that you have a visa until you get to the airport and check-in, so you technically don't have to (I never do)....but you do run the risk of having trouble getting the visa, and if it is bad enough, they won't let you leave the US without it so you could in worst case lose the value of your flight and associated arrangements
Old Nov 11, 2014, 7:29 am

I had no problem with the online payment option to pay the VISA fees -it generated a receipt and provided a PDF download receipt.

However, the Courier Service payment is another story and is still broken. I only paid for the return courier service (will mail it to them myself) which was $15.94 ($15 plus $0.94 convenience fee).

It accepted my payment (shows on my credit card) but never loaded a receipt or airbill page. Sent no type of email confirmation.

It doesn't appear on the payment receipt page:

http://www.in.ckgs.us/VPOOnline/WebP...ptReprint.aspx

And of course to reprint the label, they want the actual airbill number, which didn't load:

http://www.in.ckgs.us/VPOOnline/webp...rintLabel.aspx
Old Nov 11, 2014, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by PGHflyer
I had no problem with the online payment option to pay the VISA fees -it generated a receipt and provided a PDF download receipt.

However, the Courier Service payment is another story and is still broken. I only paid for the return courier service (will mail it to them myself) which was $15.94 ($15 plus $0.94 convenience fee).

It accepted my payment (shows on my credit card) but never loaded a receipt or airbill page. Sent no type of email confirmation.

It doesn't appear on the payment receipt page:

http://www.in.ckgs.us/VPOOnline/WebP...ptReprint.aspx

And of course to reprint the label, they want the actual airbill number, which didn't load:

http://www.in.ckgs.us/VPOOnline/webp...rintLabel.aspx
I had a similar problem last week, but I did find a place to reprint the receipt. It wasn't through the "Reprint Courier Label" because, as you noticed, we don't have an airbill number. I *think* I went back through the paying link -

http://www.in.ckgs.us/VPOOnline/WebP...yvisafees.aspx

And I think from there you could reprint your receipts, but it is indeed a confusing and messy process to work through. I did the same - FedEx'd it to them myself and paid $15 for them to FedEx it back to me. My passport is currently at the embassy for processing, so my fingers are crossed that everything was in order.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 2:38 pm

Good luck!! I tried that link but it didn't provide anything, so I am out of ideas for how to get it. I will probably just include a copy of my credit card statement and hope for the best.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 9:47 am

Programs: AA Gold; US silver
Process worked fairly well for us: filled in application on-line for Tourist Visa and got appointment at Washington DC office for a few days later (Oct 30). We waited about 45 minutes (past the appointment time) and submitted our passports, paid fees, etc. On Nov 4, on-line tracking showed that visas had been processed at embassy and would be ready for collection in one business day. We didn't receive an email saying that they were ready, on-line tracking wasn't updated, phone lines didn't work. Finally emailed and got a reply quickly saying that everything was ready for pickup (Nov 10). Picked up the documents on Nov. 11 at the DC office.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by PGHflyer
Well, they won't check that you have a visa until you get to the airport and check-in, so you technically don't have to (I never do)....but you do run the risk of having trouble getting the visa, and if it is bad enough, they won't let you leave the US without it so you could in worst case lose the value of your flight and associated arrangements
Thanks for your response. What you describe is exactly what I fear. I don't know how they expect people to wait until 15 days before departure to book international travel. I decided instead to connect in Beijing and take advantage of their new 72-hour visa-free transit option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.